The Account Manager is responsible for ensuring the efficient production and installation of events to the client's satisfaction and within the approved budget, by coordinating, administering, and disseminating information to and from all stakeholders. You are the liaison to the client and are responsible for facilitating and communicating the client's needs to the various operating departments within Hargrove as well as with the venues and subcontractors, while coordinating logistical requirements. As the overall project manager, you are responsible for driving the project from immediately after the point-of-sale, through all planning phases, to event site and post-event wrap-up. You will be responsible for managing medium to large scale projects across at least two lines of business independently, or to provide professional guidance to less-experienced members of the Account Management Department you support you in the process.
This position requires an individual who is very detail-oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task and meet demanding deadlines. The ideal candidate is a proactive, independent worker who can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Event Planning, Communications or related degree from an accredited university preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in the Trade Show or Event Management industry, servicing medium to large size events, or any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- Proficiency in the corporate workflow process from start to finish
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Training will be provided for all internal systems
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business contracts, as well as proficiently write reports, and other business correspondence.
- Proficient in budgetary management.
- Must be willing to travel both locally and nationwide to perform on show site location
- Must be able to pass a high-level background check
- Must be very detail-oriented, possessing exceptional organizational skills.
- Must have ability to prioritize and multi-task in fast-paced environment, competently managing demanding deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams across many levels of management, including the executive team
- Exceptional communications (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Works well both independently and as a team player, both in the office and at show site with little to no supervision
- Demonstrate leadership skills with ability to delegate and give direction Resourcefulness - Applicant must possess innovative problem-solving and decision-making skills under pressure
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm, and positive attitude a must!
- Must be willing to work evenings, holidays and weekends as necessary
- Job may entail working overtime during times of peak production, evenings, overnights, some weekends and holidays as required. Daily and overnight travel is also required. Candidate must provide own transportation
Persons in this position interface regularly with directors and executive level management, vendors, clients and company affiliates
Most of the position holders' work will take place in a climate controlled environment. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Hargrove is a leader in brand storytelling, creating innovative environments for events, exhibits, expositions and experiential marketing activations around the world. We design and deliver immersive environments that tell stories, market brands, launch new products, ignite passion for causes and most importantly connect with the targeted audience.
Why Work at Hargrove
In addition to your salary, Hargrove offers Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, LegalShield, and 401(k). Hargrove is headquartered on a 77-acre site just east of the Capital Beltway and minutes from downtown Washington, DC. At Hargrove, our customer's success is our success. Come join our team!
Hargrove, LLC is an Equal Opportunity (M/F/D/V) and Affirmative Action employer.