To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Garden City, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Purchasing Associate II
Transdev North America • Garden City, NY
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Transdev Services Inc. is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, and paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming.
Under direction of the Senior Director of Procurement, the Purchasing Associate II will select vendors and contractors via competitive means for the purpose of awarding and managing public and private sector contracts for a wide variety of goods, equipment and services required by multiple facilities of a transportation organization
- Develop, prepare and solicit requests for quotes (RFQ) and invitations for bids (IFB)
- Award contracts in a full and open competitive environment - conduct post-award contract administration
- Analyze offerings, process change notices & addenda and negotiate contracts where applicable
- Research marketplace for products, services & contractors who can meet or exceed technical requirements
- Contribute to cross-functional teams - assist in the development of specifications and scopes of work
- Arrange for and lead vendor and contractor meetings, site tours and conferences
- Participate in procurement and industry-related conventions, conferences and expositions
- Verify contract documentation meets or exceeds mandatory rules, regulations and audit requirements
- Resolve vendor, contractor and user disputes and claims
- Identify and/or award local participation opportunities as part of a National Corporate Purchasing Program
- Perform other procurement-related duties and projects, as assigned
- B.S. in Supply Chain Management, Business, Economics, Finance or other related field of study,plus three (3) years of applicable experience, or an appropriate combination of education and work experience
- Familiarity with cost & price analysis concepts for procurement actions and contract modifications
- Strong focus on problem-solving, negotiation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- High work ethic – performs with minimal supervision and guidance
- Organized self-starter who works well on team assignments and on an individual basis
- Working knowledge of Microsoft® Office Suite
- Experience with RTA Fleet Management®or otherprocurement applications (SAP®, Oracle PeopleSoft, etc.)
- Experience preparing and managing government-sector type purchases
- Familiarity with Federal Transit Administration (FTA) & NYS Procurement rules, laws and regulations
- C.P.M., CPSM, CPPO, CPPB, CPSD or other applicable procurement designation
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- 90% of work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities
- 10% of work is accomplished at nearby site tours, in workshops or at vendor’s place of business
- Work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle space equipped with a telephone and computer
- The employee is generally subjected to long periods spent sitting, typing and looking at a computer screen
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Requisition ID 2019-10220
Position Category Administrative/Clerical/Payroll/HR/Accounting
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 516
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Transdev Services