US Regulatory Reporting 14MQ Lead - External Reporting Lead Consultant
Diversified Financial Services Company
Location near Matthews, NC
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
The Regulatory and Basel Reporting team is responsible for timely and accurate regulatory filings. This work effort includes application of reporting instructions, calculation of risk-weighted assets, collection of data necessary to populate reports, and understanding of trends and variances in reporting line items.
Regulatory and Basel Reporting team (RBR) is responsible for filing regulatory reports with numerous regulatory agencies and currently has many ongoing projects related to the enterprise-wide implementation of data management and the COSO-based governance and oversight framework. CRR is looking for a leader to join its team to facilitate a leading role in Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review FR Y14 Q/M reporting initiatives and development. This position will be coordinating with the line of business reporting teams to deliver the CCAR Y14Q/M and other large data collections for banking regulators including security position reports (e.g. TIC SHCA/SHLA and SLT.) He/she will directly communicate with management, business line controllers, and banking regulators, including the Federal Reserve Board, providing prompt, thorough and appropriate responses to questions and report edits.
The ability to quickly learn and adapt to the fast-paced and ever-changing regulatory reporting environment is a must. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated history of being an independent self-starter, capable of leading and must be able to work to meet tight deadlines and adapt in a changing environment.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Maintain advanced knowledge of Y14Q/M regularity requirement and enforce the compliance to the latest requirement.
• Partner with Corporate Accounting Policy, Controller office, and subject matter experts from reporting teams to ensure that consistent regulatory rule interpretations are applied and documented.
• Lead change management to effectively communicate the regulatory reporting changes (FR Y14 Q/M series, TIC SHCA/SHLA/SLT, etc.) with all stakeholders to ensure appropriate implementation of new or revised regulatory reporting requirements.
• Set standards for report review process to ensure the fulfillment of report owner responsibility.
• Establish GL and regulatory inter-series reports reconcilement process (e.g. GL, Y9C, 10Q/K and Y14, etc.)
• Support request for reporting analysis and issue investigation.
• 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important.
• Ability to synthesize complex analytical findings into executive level communications.
• Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations.
• Knowledge and understanding of analytical methods used to: plan, conduct, and direct the analysis of complex business problems.
• Knowledge and understanding of financial services or commercial credit risk management.
• Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and Access.
• Working knowledge of regulatory compliance and familiar with COSO framework.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of CCAR FR Y14Q/M.
• Define, implement, and manage best practice processes that support sound data management operations (i.e. testing, data analysis, metadata, reconciliation).
• Experience with the General Ledger and data reconcilement to regulatory reports (e.g. Y9C).
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
• Working knowledge of the other main US Regulatory Reports including:
• FR Y-9C
• FFIEC 031/041
• FR Y 15
• FFIEC 101
• FFIEC 004
• FFIEC 009
• TIC SHLA
• TIC SHCA
• TIC SLT
Ajulia Executive Search is a search firm specializing in Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal and Pharmaceutical positions. This is a confidential search for one of our preferred clients. It is a direct hire position that includes competitive compensation and full comprehensive benefit package.
- Attention To Detail
- Big Data
- Change Management