Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. We are seeking a talented Project Manager/Engineer
to join the west wastewater treatment group in Phoenix, Arizona
. Our group focuses on water and wastewater treatment, asset management, environmental health and safety, operations and program management for public and private clients across Arizona and the Southwest U.S.
As a Project Manager/Engineer, you will provide design and design leadership services, support project management services and client management relating to water and wastewater treatment projects. As a project manager/engineer, you will have the opportunity to execute the design and delivery of advanced and innovative wastewater treatment projects, support in the training and guidance of junior engineers and other technicians and support our management team.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership, project administration and technical engineering skills relating to the treatment of water and wastewater. We are seeking self-motivated and active networkers who have real world experience in delivering projects.
Working with the Wastewater Treatment group this position has great operational management potential, and will see you involved in:
What you will bring to the team:
- Collaborate with fellow professionals on a wide range of water and wastewater treatment engineering projects
- Direct and oversee field work to evaluate project requirements, opportunities, and constraints
- Participate in the planning, design and construction oversight of water and wastewater treatment related infrastructure projects
- Developing technical reports and proposals
- Providing mentorship and development advice to junior level staff
- Interfacing with clients for planning purposes, providing updates and building positive relationships
- Interact with clients, suppliers, regulators, and stakeholders to help create successful concepts
- Participate in asset management tasks for water and wastewater facilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Environmental, or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university
- Master's Degree in Civil, Environmental, or Chemical Engineering, or Business strongly preferred but not required
- Registered Professional Engineer, and the ability to obtain licensing in the state of Arizona within 6 months of hire
- 4 to 6 years of engineering experience, or consulting experience
- Capable or willing to learn engineering programs, including GIS, AutoCAD, Civil 3D and related modelling software
- Experience with hydraulics, utilities, water and wastewater treatment, construction
- Talented at managing time, handling priorities, and working in fast paced environment
- Ability to excel in a multidisciplinary team environment as well as independently
- Attention to detail and ability to complete diverse assignments
- Effective written and verbal skills
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
Geographic Information Systems