At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Application Developer is to use an analytical, engineering-focused approach and expert knowledge of programming languages to develop computer programs and ensure software is as functional and robust as the client or consumer needs. Our Developers work with teams of coders to create software programs for computers, mobile devices and websites, and they are responsible for updating end-user software and conducting quality control functions.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Designing algorithms and flowcharts that illustrate the type of code needed for programmers
- Producing efficient and elegant code based on requirements
- Testing and deploying programs and applications
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining, and improving existing software
- Documenting each aspect of a system or application as a reference for future upgrades and maintenance
- Designing, testing and developing the software to meet those needs
- Revisiting the development process to fix bugs or address client or consumer concerns
- Writing high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Maintaining compliance with standards typical of the medical industry (eg. IEC60601-1)
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant field; Master's degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in mobile and web application development
- Proficiency in popular coding languages including Python, Java and C++ and frameworks or systems such as AngularJS and Git
- Hands on experience with the following:
- Core JAVA, Servlets, JSP, JDBC & Frameworks (Spring MVC, Spring Boot, JPA, Hibernate)
- PHP, XAMPP Server, CodeIgniter Framework.
- Identifying mobile application development using PhoneGap
- In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
- Familiar with development and debugging tools for cross browser environment
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Knowledge of Object-Relational Mapping frameworks
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills
- Good exposure in front end UX designing and OOPs Concepts.
- Conversant with RDBMS viz MySQL 5.5 Oracle
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (Hibernate)
- Knowledgeable of REST based API's
- Experience with Agile and Scrum development methodologies
- Hands on experience with Bug tracking and Project Management tool - JIRA
- Experience with network diagnostics & network analytical tools
- Experience working with PL/SQL
- Knowledge on Design tool Enterprise Architect
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. JOB CODE: 1002288
- .Net Framework
- Software Development
- Ajax (Programming Language)
- Agile Software Development
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- Web Applications