Campus Security Agent
Campus Security Agent will be responsible for guarding Heartlands’ employees, guests and property against personal assaults, fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry of persons by performing assigned duties outlined below. This position will have access to confidential information of individuals and all agents must maintain the confidentiality of all information. Agent will not disclose, use, publish, sell or distribute any information unless authorized by Heartland Payment Systems.
- Patrols buildings and grounds of Heartland Payment Systems Service Center, located currently at One Heartland Way, Jeffersonville, IN.
- Examines all doors, windows and gates to determine they are secure.
- Investigates unusual or suspicious situations.
- Possess the ability to respond quickly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles, and apprehends, expels persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts and notifies authorities as required.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual circumstances.
- Performs duties outlined in the “Heartland Security Policy and Procedure Handbook”.
- Property checks including: all parking areas, lights, walkways, storage rooms, break rooms, call boxes, door releases, card readers, water pressure gauges, radios, coffee pots, ice machines for leaking, bathrooms, conference rooms.
- Keep abreast of weather situations. During winter months, keeping walking areas cleared and salted, and making sure all tools are available and stocked for snow removal needs.
- Maintains records and logs as assigned and communicates accordingly.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of company regulations and procedures.
- Ability to operate all firefighting equipment, short wave radios, and is certified to administer First Aid, CPR and Defibrillator machines as necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in related field. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within field.
- Meticulously detail oriented
- Sense of craftsmanship
- Ability to manage a project
- Motivated self-starter
- Certified in Adult CPR, First Aid and Defibrillator (training provided)
Level: Receives normal supervision with periodic work direction and review. The problems encountered are varied and some may be difficult. The resolution is determined by analyzing several factors.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
HPS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to qualifying employees.
HPS is an equal opportunity employer
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.