At Meta Reality Labs, our goal is to explore, innovate and design novel interfaces and hardware subsystems for the next generation of virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences. Your team will design and develop coating solutions for all imaging and sensing applications. All of your work will change the landscape of capabilities of virtual reality and augmented reality hardware through a close collaboration with both internal and external partners.
Optical Coating Engineer Responsibilities:
1. Lead optical end-to-end coating development including design and optimize coating stack-ups, process development, tooling design, metrology, material characterization and coating qualification.
2. Working closely with internal engineers and external industry partners to resolve technical issues, perform troubleshooting on coating defects and REL failure, and implement corrective actions.
3. Collaborate with R&D and manufacturing to ensure successful implementation of coating development and execute tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment.
4. Travel domestically and internationally up to 20%.
5. BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science or related technical discipline with 5+ years industry experience. Hands-on experience in conventional optical multilayer deposition technologies including sputtering, thermal and electron-beam evaporation.
6. Knowledge in thin film design, theory and materials properties, and proficiency with design software such as Essential Macleod, OptiLayer or TFCalc.
7. Knowledge of statistical methods and experience in data analysis with tools such as MATLAB, JMP or Python.
8. BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science or related technical discipline with 10+ years industry experience.
9. Proven track record working with production and transferring design into high volume manufacturing. Expertise in designing and coating processes to optical filter including but not limited to edge, notch and bandpass filters.
10. Experience in atomic layer deposition and nanostructured coating.
11. Knowledge and experience in hard (dip/spin) coating.
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Optical Coating Engineer
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Data Analysis
- Deposition (Geology)
- Electrical Engineering
- Jmp (Statistical Software)