Responsible for processing conventional and government loan requests based on product, underwriting, and state specific and investor guidelines.Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Maintain effective communication with all necessary parties involved in a new loan application, from the customer, broker, correspondent, loan officer, and co-workers to ensure a seamless and positive application experience.
- Work with various internal departments as well as external organizations to obtain processing related documentation or obtain necessary information needed to complete an application i.e.: Verification of Employment, IRS Transcripts, title search, appraisal, bank statements, etc.
- Immediately notifies all necessary parties of irregularities relative to standard mortgage guidelines.
- Monitor and update credit reports, appraisals, income documentation, and all verifications to ensure all underwriting conditions are met. Work closely with underwriting to quickly resolve any issues or concerns.
- Perform other administrative duties supporting the origination department including, but not limited to: preparing and mailing commitment letters, title and homeowner's insurance review, mailing loan suspend notices, updating loan conditions, providing the closing attorney with additional documentation, and all appropriate processing checklists.
- Ensures adherence to all regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Strong analytical background to evaluate changes required to all regulatory documents.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Work closely with both Internal and External Customers such as co-workers, borrower(s) and Loan Officers.Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
None.Education and Experience Required:
Associate's degree with a minimum of one year's mortgage industry experience or two years equivalent work experience, OR in lieu of a degree, three years' equivalent work experience including a minimum of one year's mortgage industry experience.
Six months specific M&T Bank mortgage processing experience plus an additional 6-12 months experience in customer service, operations, or the financial services industry.
Good PC skills with strong knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing, email, and PDF software.Education and Experience Preferred:
Ability to make sound decisions based on information provided.
Knowledge of Product, Investor and Compliance Requirements.
Versatility and flexibility working within an ever changing fast paced mortgage environment.
Adapting to new policies and procedures to improve processes and workflow.
Ability to function independently within time constraints.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Highly organized with the ability to multitask.
Strong attention to detail.
Prioritization of daily workload.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Strong work ethic, reliable and dependable.
Hardworking And Dedicated
Attention To Detail