Kaman Distribution Group (KDG) is actively seeking a hands-on, collaborative legal professional to serve as Government Contracts Administrator, based in Bloomfield, CT (suburb of Hartford, CT). In this Government Contracts Administrator role, reporting directly to the Vice President, General Counsel, you will have primary responsibility for administrating all government contract matters for Kaman Distribution Group in our Bloomfield, CT headquarters.
If you're a hands-on, learning-oriented, highly collaborative professional, you will have ample opportunity to play a highly visible, impactful role in growing and expanding the company's business opportunities. You will make appropriate decisions to limit risk to the company, as well as serve as the company's subject matter expert on all US Government contracting opportunities. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage all aspects of government contract matters across KDG's business units, including assisting sales organizations with preparation of proposals to submit to customers and government agencies
- Analyze contractual requirements as they relate to EAR (Export Administration Regulations) of the U.S. Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations), the U.S. State Department, and other applicable government agency rules and regulations.
- Engage with a variety of functional organizations (i.e., engineering, legal, finance, supply chain, trade compliance and IT) to facilitate an efficient contract review process and ensure compliance with contractual requirements.
- Perform COTS (commercial off the shelf) determinations in accordance with relevant FAR and DFARs requirements
- Work with suppliers and customers pertaining to export controlled products and products containing CUI (controlled unclassified information) to ensure contract compliance.
- Prepare contractual flow-down terms in accordance with FAR/DFARs and other Agency regulations.
- Collaborate with internal functional organizations to ensure reporting and certification obligations are met (e.g., VETs 4212, EEO annual filings, customer certifications, etc.).
- Provide assistance to the field sales group and management personnel regarding contract requirements that are not applicable or not acceptable to the parties involved.
- Monitor emerging government contracting and compliance policies and practices through formal and informal education, self-study, networking and participation in professional organizations; interpret impact on the company’s future business.
- Provide counseling, guidance and training to team members throughout KDG on government contract administration and regulations matters.
- Maintain various registrations as required (e.g., SAM, System of Award Management).
- Conduct internal audits to ensure compliance with the contracting process.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned, including supporting the broader legal department and trade compliance group.
Education and Experience:
- BA or BS in Business or related field
- 5 years of experience in US Government Prime and Subcontracts administration
Skills and Abilities Essential to the Position:
- Thorough understanding of FAR and DFARs clauses and other government agency procurement regulations, as well as contractual Flow-Down requirements
- Understanding of ITAR and EAR rules and regulations
- Ability to translate implications of government contract requirements into identifiable and understandable business obligations and risks
- Demonstrated businessa acumen and ability to foster and build relationships
- Ability to work and make key decisions independently, and to initiate and implement process improvements across an organization
- Demonstrate the highly developed communication and influencing skills necessary to advocate for compliance to applicable regulations and contractual obligations
- Advanced organizational and time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple simultaneous high priority projects under deadline pressure
- Exceptional attention to detail
Travel:Benefits and Company Overview
Our comprehensive compensation package and benefit program includes:
- Your choice of medical insurance providers and plans, Dental insurance, and Flexible spending accounts
- Company matching 401(k) with a great vesting schedule
- Company paid Life (family) & STD insurances, Vacation, Holiday & Sick time
- 100% tax-free tuition reimbursement
Kaman Distribution Group is comprised of three business units: Kaman Automation, Kaman Fluid Power, and Kaman Industrial Technologies. We offer more than four million items including bearings, mechanical power transmission, electrical and automation, material handling, motion control, fluid power and MRO supplies to customers in virtually every industry. Additionally, we provide engineering, design, and support for automation, electrical, linear, hydraulic and pneumatic systems as well as belting and rubber fabrication, customized mechanical services, hose assemblies, repair, fluid analysis, and motor management. Offering products and solutions from more than 220 locations, our people are the foundation of our success. We recognize that our ability to sustain our competitive advantage rests among our talent. #KDG #KFP #KIT #KAI
Process Improvements (Business)
Export Administration Regulations