Sales & MarketingLocation
Sheraton Springfield Monarch Place Hotel, 1 Monarch Pl, Springfield, Massachusetts, United States [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Franchised Corporate Sales ManagerSchedule
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Picknelly Family. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotels employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Corporate Sales Manager will generate revenue for the Sheraton Springfield Monarch Place Hotel by acquiring and developing new, referred and repeat business. They will be involved in setting and executing strategic sales plans related to their market segment and expected to optimize overall revenues through direct sales on behalf of the hotel.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated and seasoned hospitality sales professional who enjoys a fast-paced environment and is passionate about interacting with our clients, guests and associates to strategically elevate the performance and reputation of the hotel within Springfield.
- Two years or more related experience in hotel sales
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in every aspect of sales from planning and active solicitation to site inspections and contract negotiations
- Prior experience working with global sales organizations and CVBs preferred
- Possess the interpersonal skills of effective communication (face-to-face, phone, email, written)
- Strong knowledge of CI/TY
- Ability to travel to represent the hotel at trade shows, conventions and client offices
- Develop, actively solicit and generate corporate business
- Travels locally to conduct outside sales calls minimum two days a week
- Meet or exceed weekly, quarterly and annual sales goals, targets and initiatives
- Identify and qualify potential prospects through participating in a variety of tactics, including, tradeshows, sales blitzes and other sales initiatives
- Maximize outcome of all sales initiatives by following up on leads, following up with existing clients to identify additional business opportunities and managing accounts
- Properly convey rate and package information to client by working with Director of Sales to create a strategy in order to optimize revenue
- Work closely with all departments to ensure that all details are communicated to ensure a successful meeting experience
- Perform in a manner that demonstrates Sheraton culture in a professional manner to associates, clients and prospects
- Maintain relationships with customers, the global sales team and trade and industry groups
- Continuously improves and maintains hotels GSS and ESS scores
- Perform other tasks as needed or directed to ensure effective hotel operations to include MOD Program on rotation; working nights, weekends, holidays and special events as required
- Perform other tasks as needed or directed to ensure effective hotel operations
- Cross train within Front Desk, and Banquet Departments to further assist Hotel Operations
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Catering Activity And Reception Organisation
- Contract Negotiation
- Direct Selling
- Interpersonal Skills
- Profit Based Sales Targets