To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lubbock, TX 79414
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Treasury Services Specialist - Participation Acct
Farm Credit Bank of Texas • Lubbock, TX
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Treasury Services Specialist (Participation Accounting)
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses. We are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System which provides financing to meet the needs of rural America. As one of the largest Farm Credit Associations in the United States, Capital Farm Credit has over $7 billion in total assets and employs nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices.
Capital Farm Credit is a great place to work. Our employees are passionate and committed to serving both rural Texas and each other. We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value. We cooperate and care for our members and employees with family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive, goals based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or related field or experience deemed equivalent by Capital Farm Credit.
- 1-2 years of accounting or related business experience.
- Prefer experience in the operation, maintenance, and end-user support of loan accounting, cash management, general ledger, and/or other loan accounting systems.
- Commercial banking experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of participation accounting is preferred.
- Maintain accounting for Capital Markets loans as required to include setting up loans in accordance with the participation agreements; initiating wire or ACH transactions; updating interest rates and other terms; recording transactions; monitoring loans on a monthly basis to determine that loans are within parameters of participation agreements including rates, commitments and fees.
- Corresponds with participation loan accounting departments within Capital or other institutions via email and phone to ensure good communication and cohesive reporting.
- Files documentation related to participation accounts in Treasury Services EFC.
- This position works under moderate supervision in the application of generally accepted accounting principles as it relates to loan accounting activity.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple tasks at once, and learn new applications and use of equipment quickly.
- Ten key calculator by touch and computer literacy required, including word processing, database and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to accomplish accurate, detailed tasks in short time frames.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently to complete assigned projects.
- Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills are essential.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Commensurate with experience
- February 11, 2019
- Position will be posted until filled, until sufficient candidates are reviewed to ensure a qualified selection can be made, or until closed at the discretion of the Association.
- A completed application and resume are required.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; Full description available on request.