3HC is the place to be! At 3HC we consider our employees to be a part of our family. We are committed to supporting the success of our employees and strive to show our appreciation for the value they bring to our company. We provide Home Health care, Hospice care, and Home care in 22 counties from the Triangle to the coast and have been in business for nearly 40 years. Serving over 15,000 patients each year, 3HC is proud to be recognized as one of the Top 100 providers in the nation!
We are seeking dedicated and compassionate individuals to join our growing family and are looking to fill positions quickly. We have an open LPN position in your area. Apply to today! Visit www.3HC.org/contact/careers to learn more!
Benefits and Perks:
*Paid Leave for Vacations, Sick Days, and Holidays
*Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
*Paid Volunteer Time Off
*Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
*Flexible Spending Accounts
*Flexible Schedule Options
*Employee Appreciation Event
*Free Flu & Hepatitis B Vaccines
*Free Annual TB Screenings
Essential Job Functions of the LPN:
1. Creates positive experiences for internal and external customers that will meet their expectations. (External
customers include our patients, families, referral sources, vendors, the community, etc. Internal
customers are the people within the agency with whom you work.) Displays a high degree of courtesy, tact, and
knowledge of services provided by the agency in all contact with staff, patients, and visitors.
2. Assists office with achieving positive patient outcomes and provides comfort to patient/family to facilitate quality of life and death with dignity: (a) performs competently all skills, treatments and procedures as outlined in the patient's individualized plan of care, according to 3HC's policies and procedures and as allowed by the Practice Act of the N. C. Board of Nursing; (b) observes signs and symptoms and reports to the RN, reactions to treatments, including drugs and changes in the patient's physical or emotional condition; (c) adequately reinforces teaching completed by the RN and counsels the patient and family members regarding the nursing care needs, preventive
and rehabilitative nursing procedure as appropriate for the patient's care and safety, as assigned by RN; (d) assist
the RN or physician in performing specialized procedures and duties, (e) assist patient's family and other health
care team members in providing continuity of care and meeting the emotional needs of the patient and immediate
family members , and (f) reports outcome of any unscheduled visits to the RN within 24 hours of the provision of
3. Assists with the on-going observation of the patient's physical and mental health and home environment by: (a)
gathers and documents specific data according to the patient's individualized plan of care and skilled nursing report, (b) recognizes existing relations between data gathered and patient's health status and treatment plan, (c)
determines a patient's need for immediate nursing intervention based upon data gathered and in compliance with
parameters on the Plan of Care.
4. Documents in the medical record electronically and downloads patient information in McKesson periodically
throughout the day: (a) those services rendered to the patient; (b) clinical and progress notes, conferences held with the physician and other disciplines, physician, or community resources; (c) changes noted in the patient's condition and/or family home situation; (d) revisions in the care plan with supervision by the RN (e) and submits downloads all paperwork including time and travel daily (f) Updates medication profile with each medicinal change. (g) Keeps up-to-date on reimbursement criteria, hospice criteria, PPS, and charting needs for all patients under care including private authorization. Responds within 48 hours to requests for documentation correction/completion.
5. Collaborates with supervisor to meet agency's clinical needs. Rotates on-call: with an RN on back up call.
LPN currently licensed to practice nursing in the state of North Carolina.
Minimum of two-years experience as a professional nurse in an acute care setting. Medsurg experience.
Home Health Experience Preferred.
Maintain current CPR certification (BCLS)
Licensed Practical Nurse