AAFCPAs is an innovative and forward-thinking firm. We have enjoyed primarily organic growth and continue our laser focus on sustained growth as an independent regional firm. We are considered an attractive alternative to the Big 4 and National CPA firms. We provide best-value assurance, tax, outsourced accounting, business consulting, information technology advisory solutions, and wealth management services to nonprofit organizations, commercial companies, wealthy individuals, and estates. Since 1973, AAFCPAs sincere approach to business and service excellence has attracted discerning clients along with the best and brightest CPA and consulting professionals. AAFCPAs donates 10% of its net profits annually to nonprofit organizations. We have an active DE&I committee and have commitment and accountability to these efforts.
AAFCPAs is an independent member of PrimeGlobal, the fourth largest CPA firm association in the world with 300+ member firms in 80+ countries. This provides our clients with seamless national and global coverage, along with an advantageous pay-as-you-use model.Job Description
The Staff Accountant is responsible for providing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processing, Payroll processing, accounting review, and reconciliation and reporting support to the team and multiple Clients. This position is responsible for learning all aspects of the practice through rotational assignments and provides support as required and includes servicing non-profit or for-profit organizations.Responsibilities
- Effectively complete rotational assignments in each area of the Managed Accounting Solutions Practice, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Reconciliation, Compliance, and Financial Reporting.
- Working with Accounting Manager, develop a plan and measurable goals for each rotational assignment, ensuring a thorough understanding and ability to deliver effective results in each segment.
- Highlights may include:
- Code invoices to appropriate GL account
- Process Client vendor invoices received for payment
- Download and code credit card transactions
- Input data into the accounting system
- Review and reconcile vendor invoices and A/P ledgers monthly. Identify and track down missing items and address discrepancies.
- Prepare new vendor setup for accounts and files based on Client needs and systems
- Administer W-9s for vendor records
- Learn and master Practice tools, such as Bill.com
- Post customer payments timely and accurately in multiple Client accounting systems (recommended that this function and the above are assigned to different staff members when possible)
- Prepares Client Invoices for their customers
- Download and enter revenues from 3rd party applications or banks into the accounting system
- Conducts reviews and monitors open receivables
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Process multiple Clients’ payroll weekly, biweekly or semi-monthly as required by Client. Manage set up and processing of all payroll deductions including benefits, tax and wage garnishment obligations. Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Set up and maintain accurate employee records using the Client’s system or payroll vendor. Maintain online or paper file system according to Client needs.
- Download payroll transactions if processed by 3rd party vendor for tracking and reporting.
- Prepare required periodic and year-end reporting to state and federal agencies on behalf of Clients.
- Ensure accurate and timely year-end reporting of W-2s to employees
- Learn and master Practice tools, such as ADP RUN and ADP WorkforceNOW systems.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and reports for clients and Boards of Directors as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent training required.
- Previous payroll, payables, receivables, and reconciliation experience desired
- Strong technology skills using Microsoft Office 2007 or later (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook at a minimum, more applications preferred)
- Experience with accounting systems, QuickBooks(desktop and online versions), and Intacct preferred
- Additional technology requirements will be communicated to candidates selected for this position and must be met on an ongoing basis.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Team player with a positive ”can-do” approach
- Time management skills
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Able to learn new technology skills and systems and apply them quickly
- Timely, consistent, and accurate delivery of assignments
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting practices and regulations and ability to apply them accurately
- Ability to plan and implement system and process changes effectively and accurately
- Demonstrated Client-centric approach
- Competitive Salary
- Generous PTO
- Comprehensive benefits package
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Accounting Systems
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office