Represent DSC Logistics and act as an internal liaison responding to inquiries, processing orders, and handling customer complaints and questions in a prompt, courteous and effective manner.
- Interacts with customers by phone, email, or in person and receives orders or changes in service.
- Processes and inputs all customer orders and receipts.
- Generates all related paperwork and necessary information required for customer work orders, checks all orders for special request, and posts inventory records.
- Coordinates special, last minute shipping request with the warehouse, expediting orders as necessary.
- Maintains a good working relationship with customers by responding to all inquiries and complaints concerning receipts, shipments, inventory counts, etc., in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Reports customer feedback to management, including any signs of customer dissatisfaction.
- Performs paperwork associated with orders including the maintenance of customer files.
- Performs clerical work as required including answering phone calls, operating various office machines and computers, corresponding with customers and greeting customers and visitors in the office.
- Maintains current and accurate procedure book which details the processing requirements for each account; prepares any report concerning customer services activities and performs other customer service and company related duties as necessary.
- Notifies management of all requested changes from the customer regarding shipping, handling, or administrative characteristics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 6 months related experience and/or training.
- Prefer previous experience in logistics industry and transportation, with the ability to manage multiple accounts.
- Experience with WMS and SAP preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Office systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment and foster a respectful workplace.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in all business interactions.
We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement. Local candidates only, please, as relocation assistance is not available for this position.
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth. EOE/M/F/D/V