As the on-site project manager on behalf of CSM Group, you will be a key player between Engineering, Client, Trade Contractors, and Internal Resources. Ultimately, you will be a key resource in managing best construction practices on an operational pharmaceutical manufacturing job site. You have successfully led the execution of multiple, simultaneous capital projects. You have a well-rounded background in process piping, boiler installation, using and understanding P&IDs, M/E/P scheduling, and a strong understanding of ASME, BPVC (boiler and pressure vessel code) standards.
The core competencies required for this position are leadership, commitment, strong technical background, complex problem-solving skills, ability to motivate, capacity to plan, control and monitor design, procurement, construction, commissioning, and validation activities, are basic requirements.
This is a full time FLSA exempt position. It requires at least 40 hours per week with the ability to work more if necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Helps to develop strategic, long-term, and annual site capital plans.
- Provide sufficient on-site presence for direction of trades as well as the coordination with the Client and other players to keep project schedule and scope on track. The amount of time needed on-site will vary depending on the specific project and customer.
- Ensuring on time delivery of key project initiatives.
- Actively participate in the development and maintenance of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work planned and performed. Maintain CSM Group safety culture while promote a safe work environment and its compliance.
- Proactively manages key vendor/supplier relationships.
- Management of direct, dotted line, and contract resources.
- Generation and implementation of solutions that will increase employee and contractor safety, increase operational effectiveness, and drive top line (innovation) and bottom line (cost savings) grow.
- On-site troubleshooting and or technical support of priority operational opportunities. Includes the ability to lead and participate in root cause problem solving exercises in high pressure environment to arrive at and implement the correct technical solution.
- Ability to provide feasibility level estimates.
- Will lead project teams from concept phase through commissioning, qualification, and validation (CQV).
- BS degree in Construction Engineering or Management, Mechanical Engineering or related degree OR equivalent years of experience in specialized process and power piping trades.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Project Management in an Industrial Process Facility setting.
- Minimum 5 years of M/E/P Scheduling experience.
- Has a deep understanding of P&IDs and how to interpret sequencing.
- Ability to apply Earned Value Analysis (EVA) on projects and speak to its meaning.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Working knowledge of standard plant utility systems.
- Knowledge of ASME, BPVC (boiler and pressure vessel code) standards.
- Experience of overseeing and practical understanding of boiler installation, process and power piping.
- Detail-oriented with an extreme desire for accuracy.
- OSHA 30-hour certification.
- Working knowledge of sanitary equipment design.
- Excellent leadership qualities, verbal and written communication skills, technical analysis, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills are required.
Valued, but not required
- STSC certification
- Basic AutoCAD skills. Able to view and interpret drawings and make minor changes.
BENEFITS FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- CSM Group offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & Paid US Holidays
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paternity Leave Policy
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
Physical Demands - Jobsite
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to, drive to and from the jobsite, sit, talk and/or hear. A major portion of the employees tasks requires extensive walking around the jobsite. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle tools and for fine motor coordination such as computer work. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision.
Work Environment - Jobsite
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect the project and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. Work environment involves moderate risks which may require safety precautions. The noise level in the work environment may range from quiet to loud. The proper use of Personnel Protective Equipment may be required on the jobsite.
This Position Description reflects the positions essential functions and does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
CSM Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will receive equal opportunity consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, height, weight, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, qualified veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
- Attention To Detail
- Auto Cad
- Construction Engineering
- Cost Reduction