DivIHN (pronounced Divine) is a nationally-recognized Business Technology Solutions and Staffing services provider headquartered in Chicago. Since our formation in 2002, we have been trusted by Fortune 500 organizations to help them locate and hire best-in-class talent through our Award-winning Professional Workforce Solutions program.
One of our BEST F500 customers has engaged us to help them hire a Help Desk Manager to be available to work out of their office in Irvine, California; details can be found below.
Please apply or call one of us to learn more
/*Candidates local to Irvine or nearby - Highly Preferred*/
Help Desk Manager
Please submit resumes to ymatsumoto at divihn dot com/ raji.somu at divihn dot com/ blessy at divihn dot com or call Phone number blocked - click to apply or Phone number blocked - click to apply or Phone number blocked - click to apply with any questions.
This is a hands-on Managerial role, reporting to the CIO initially in the future, the role will likely report to a Director / VP IT or similar. The Help Desk Manager (HDM) will manage a team of 3 to 4 help desk professionals, and work closely with various stakeholders and customers from a support standpoint. The team of helpdesk professionals provides Level 1 or 2 support for the following environments:
- End-user support for all offices, including business applications
- CRM and Sales / Operations Platform
- Brand website maintenance via CMS editor
- End-user support for various platform setup, support and training
The HDM will:
- Manage and direct the daily activities of the Service Desk staff
- Assign and guide prioritization of incidents reported to the Service Desk; ensure all requests are handled promptly and effectively such that agreed service levels are met
- Regularly monitor incidents, status, and speed of resolution of inquiries and problems
- Be proactive in devising improvements and implementing the changes required
- Work closely with the development team, product team, and infrastructure teams
- Develop standards and training for staff
- Develop and maintain a Service Catalog (preferably based on ITIL framework)
- Produce dashboards and metrics to measure overall team performance
- Improve overall service by minimizing low skill activities
- Demonstrate commitment and ingenuity in expert application of available facilities to non-standard situations, investigating complex situations, diagnosing underlying causes of difficulties, and devising solutions or workarounds to ensure that the effect on operations is minimized.
In the initial stages, for the first few months, the HDM will help get the overall help-desk services in shape for providing high quality customer service, carrying on from the current process improvement efforts focused on making the service desk completely customer focused, with good onboarding process, and quick/ effective addressal of help requests. The HDM will be required be to quite hands-on in the initial stages, in order to get a good understanding of the systems, the customer profiles, the strengths and gaps of the current support system, and the strengths/ improvement potential of the current staff.
In the steady state the hands-on component will come down to the extent needed to get a pulse on the need for improvement, changes, and mentoring of team members.
- Minimum 7 years of experience providing Helpdesk support with at least 2 years in a managerial / leadership role; experience managing, supporting, and mentoring team members
- Good experience in application support, in addition to infrastructure support
- Strong background in IT service delivery with a proven track record of ability to meet business requirements
- Demonstrated experience in effectively communicating with a broad base of technical and non-technical constituents including project teams and multiple management layers.
- Experience in implementing technology lifecycles and refresh processes.
- Experience and commitment to customer service delivery and service level agreements.
- Proficiency in JIRA Service Desk or ticketing systems such as Remedy, HEAT or similar tools
- Helpdesk Support experience in Windows Desktop environments; experience with performing desktop builds, fixes, repair, software installs and upgrades, and other troubleshooting tasks in a Windows 10 environment
- Experience with migration/upgrading systems from legacy to newer workstations
- Some familiarity with Scripting tools would be beneficial
- Some familiarity with building images would be beneficial
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Strong customer orientation and excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to foster teamwork.
- (desirable) Demonstrated knowledge in the implementation and best practices approach of ITIL.
DivIHN, the 'IT Asset Performance Services' organization, provides Professional Consulting, Custom Projects, and Professional Resource Augmentation services to clients in the Mid-West and beyond. The strategic characteristics of the organization are Standardization, Specialization, and Collaboration.
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
HelpDesk, JIRA, upgrade, Help Desk, Remedy, migration
Coaching And Mentoring
Service Level Agreement