To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fresno, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Account Development Specialist
American Tire Distributors • Fresno, CA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Position Description:The primary responsibility of the Account Development Specialist will be the attainment of annual sales plan within their territory. The ADS will be assigned a sales objective for automobile dealerships within their territories comprised of several DC service areas. The ADS will have the ability to achieve territory sales and productivity goals, present financial opportunity to car dealerships, develop tire retailing capabilities of assigned car dealership accounts, develop new business opportunities by working with OEM field contacts, have working knowledge of how to solve customer relations problems and keep accurate and timely records of key contacts and field activity with CRM tools provided by the company.
- Achieve territory sales and productivity goals
- Present financial opportunity to car dealerships
- Develop tire retailing capabilities of assigned car dealership accounts
- Develop new business opportunities by working with OEM field contacts
- Develop account strategies to increase revenues
- Employ business development tools (including Professional Selling Skills) as provided by the Company
- Solve customer relations problems relating to any account activity
- Keep accurate and timely records of key contacts and field activity with CRM tools provided by the Company
- Understand and share relevant programs available to accounts
- Gather business intelligence and share with field partners and field support center partners
- Develop and nurture contacts with tire manufacturer representatives within the territory
- Attain monthly Sales and Business Plan objectives within the assigned territory
- Must master the business development tools (e.g. PSS, Car Dealer Needs Analysis, CRM, OEConnection, proprietary web portals) as assessed by Training Facilitators.
- Demonstrate, maintain, and sustain proper use of the business development tools as assessed in-market by the Managers – Car Dealer Sales.
- Understand and convey the elements of each of the corporate accounts programs to assigned accounts as assessed by the Managers – Car Dealer Sales.
Key Partners (Positions):
- Director of Sales – Corporate Accounts and Car Dealer Channel
- Managers – Car Dealer Sales
- General Managers and Directors of Business Development
- Others including Regional Vice Presidents, Regional Sales Managers, Outside Account Managers, Inside Account Managers, Customer Service Representatives, and branch administrative personnel
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
- Education: Minimum High School Graduate or GED’ Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university preferred
- Experience: Prior work/sales experience with automobile dealers or tire industry preferred but not required
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Think strategically and innovatively: Identify and act on ideas which further the Company’s strategic goals and business plan.
- Plan and Execute for Success: Identify and address root causes when solving problems. Work collaboratively with other departments and functional teams to coordinate effective solutions.
- Act Collaboratively: Communicate effectively across teams, functions and departments.
- Communicate Effectively: Communicate clearly and concisely and adjust communication style to improve performance
- Demonstrate Respect: Handle all business matters ethically and in full compliance with American Tire Distributors “Code of Conduct”
- Be Accountable for Results: Assume full responsibility for the consequences of one’s behaviors, decisions and results.
- Knowledge of current materials, methods, technology and practices of the Company including but not limited to:
- Professional Selling Skills (PSS) – completion of the Company required training and the application of the concepts and philosophies.
- ATD Value Proposition – the ability to develop a practical knowledge of the Value Proposition and proficient in communicating the features and benefits to the customer.
- Contact Management – proficiency in use of the tool and the ability to monitor sales call as recorded by the sales personnel in the Region.
- Ability to understand and explain elements of automaker tire programs, including the business case for tire sales at car dealerships.
- Ability to create business solutions to customer needs that directly impacting the customer’s bottom line.
- Thorough understanding of ATD’s sales process
- Embrace change, self-starter, energetic
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent face-to-face and telephone communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, ability to multi-task
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions
- Functional knowledge of the use of a personal computer and/or laptop.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: 80+% of the time, travel throughout the geographic area within the assigned territory and may require overnight stays. Travel to the Field Support Center and other destinations will be required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Shift Type: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Job ID: R07782