TITLE: Senior UX Writer
LOCATION: New York, NY
About this role:
As a Senior UX Writer in the Service Design Center of Excellence, you’ll play a lead role shaping process and thought leadership communications, coaching others in best practices, and championing the value of carefully crafted language and consistent delivery across the entire Customer Journey.
Working alongside our business partners, you will lead the creation of cross-channel Content Strategy for service experiences, ensuring consistency of voice, tone, and nomenclature coordinated across touchpoints (digital, care, retail, etc.) throughout the Customer Journey.
Work will span the entire Service Design process from front stage interactions with customers to backstage processes that support creation and management of content. Content to be created and organized may include a range of written outputs, from customer value propositions to conversational UI copy and customer care guidelines. One in three Americans uses CLIENT services, so your work will have meaningful impact at a massive scale.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understand the broader user’s journey with a product, to define and create best practices for ensuring content is consistent, accessible, understandable, actionable, and engaging across touchpoints.
- Document and maintain content specifications outlining content components and guidelines to ensure a consistent messaging across touchpoints, with attention to core product and related touchpoints (retail and care trainings, emails, direct mail, etc.)
- Write and edit service experience copy – from key messages and naming that establishes brand tone and voice to detailed steps in service journeys, enrollment flows, emails/notifications, transactional experiences and more
- Define overall voice and tone guidelines that complement design principles and brand strategy and ensure they are embodied in the product
- Define objectives and success criteria for content, gather and analyze existing content, and identify and implement recommendations for improving content, whether it’s defining the tone of a new service experience or evolving an existing experience to be even better
- Recommend strategies for sunsetting content and propose both short- and long-term solutions as new products are launched
- Partner with design researchers to propose research initiatives, define research goals, and create research stimuli, translating findings into plans of action that drive refinements
- Partner with IT to understand technical implications of content and help implement content accessibility standards
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of experience of content strategy and writing that includes design industry thought leadership a well as a diverse range of web and mobile customer experiences.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in English, Communications, Professional & Technical Writing, Design, or related field and a portfolio of impressive work
- Extensive experience communicating human-centered design methodologies, empathy for end users, and teaching and learning from others to shape process and culture
- Capabilities in secondary areas including UX design, visual design, research, online messaging and branding, information architecture, editorial strategy, search engine optimization, metadata strategy, and content distribution strategy (including email marketing)
- Responsibilities will be split 80% writing and 20% strategy creation
NOTE: The hiring managers will require a UX Writing sample alongside an up-to-date resume for all submittals.
If interested, please contact Timothy Myers at Email blocked - click to apply. Please include your most up-to-date resume.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
User Interface Design
User Centered Design