In this role, the District Manager directs the district sales and customer service organizations and is responsible for the growth of profitable market share through managing expenses, district sales, and personnel, in addition to managing full P&L for the Pacific Northwest district. The District Manager also identifies sales opportunities to increase market share and drives accountability for results. This highly visible leadership role is based out of our Redmond, WA (Seattle) branch.
Kaman Automation, a business unit of Kaman Distribution Group, is comprised of Minarik, Zeller, and G.C. Fabrication, is a leading provider of motion control, automation products, systems and solutions to original equipment manufacturers, industrial production plants, and infrastructure facilities throughout North America. We are committed to helping our customers achieve high performance by providing quality and state-of-the-art products with the technical support to back them. Our people are the foundation of our success and we recognize that our ability to sustain our competitive advantage is by investing in the development of our employees, driving innovation, and providing solutions for a better tomorrow.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages Account Managers, Applications Specialists and the customer Service staff within a district. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the district. Ensures that staff works as a team. Leads by example, facilitates the development of performance expectations, evaluates performance and provides coaching and opportunities for development. Directs team toward Kaman Automation's goals and objectives.
- Collects and analyzes sales information and provides reports and analysis to senior management. Monitors progress toward established sales and profit objectives and drives accountability for achieving planned results. Forecasts future sales and profit performance for the district.
- Carries full responsibility for controllable assets and profit and loss (P&L) of all sales and customer service activities within the district. Maintains and approves appropriate P&L statements as required.
- Develops district Business Plan to enhance district profitability and achieve productivity improvements. Works within company guidelines for gross profit, gross margin and operating income. Supervises the development of Territory Management Plans for all assigned Account Managers to achieve or exceed planned results.
- Ensures open communication to confirm that all customer requirements are being met complete and on-time. Troubleshoots and resolves any breakdowns in processes between Sales, Customer Service and Operations.
- Plans district implementations of KAI Sales programs, such as special product promotions, strategic account initiatives, documented savings program and territory management plans. Analyzes results and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Allocates resources across districts/locations to provide for optimum sales levels while maintaining service and controlling expenses. Makes recommendations to improve location and district performance through expense control, increased sales and increased gross margins
- Analyzes sales reports, operating statements, Accounts Payable reports, headcount reports and inventory reports and recommends changes to improve profitability and operating efficiencies. Makes budget recommendations to senior management.
- Analyzes market opportunities and develops strategies to improve market share. Builds relationships with large customers in the district.
- Visits locations and makes sales calls with Account Managers and sales staff to enhance customer relations, build morale/teamwork and coach Account Managers and Branch Managers.
- Communicates performance results and goals to the group to ensure objectives are met a timely and efficient manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Accomplishes related results as needed.
Education and Experience
- BS degree in business management, marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 8-10 years of sales and/or operations experience, preferably in a distribution or manufacturing environment
Skills and Abilities
- Sales and/or operations experience, preferably in a distribution or manufacturingenvironment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Effectively multitask; handle multiple priorities at one time
- Resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Self-motivated and can motivate others to perform at a high level
- Ability to learn and understand technical products
Valid driver’s license Required
Travel: 50%Benefits and Company Overview
Our comprehensive compensation package and benefit program includes:
- Your choice of medical insurance providers and plans, Dental insurance, and Flexible spending accounts
- Company matching 401(k) with a great vesting schedule
- Company paid Life (family) & STD insurances, Vacation, Holiday & Sick time
- 100% tax-free tuition reimbursement
Kaman Distribution Group is comprised of three business units: Kaman Automation, Kaman Fluid Power, and Kaman Industrial Technologies. We offer more than four million items including bearings, mechanical power transmission, electrical and automation, material handling, motion control, fluid power and MRO supplies to customers in virtually every industry. Additionally, we provide engineering, design, and support for automation, electrical, linear, hydraulic and pneumatic systems as well as belting and rubber fabrication, customized mechanical services, hose assemblies, repair, fluid analysis, and motor management. Offering products and solutions from more than 220 locations, our people are the foundation of our success. We recognize that our ability to sustain our competitive advantage rests among our talent. #KDG #KFP #KIT #KAI
Customer Relationship Management