You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Sr Quant Developer
In this role on the quantitative research engineering team you will produce high-quality, testable code for research platform and efficiently deploy them onto AWS. We want you to be motivated by having the autonomy to lead, build and craft phenomenal solutions. We advocate for leadership at all levels and this role is an excellent fit for those who demonstrate leadership and have a continuous technology progressive mentality. We want engineers who are brave to break things, who step up and take lead /ownership of their projects, and those that thrive by sharing knowledge.
The Expertise You Have
- 5+ years experience as a full stack software engineer, delivering software using agile development practices
- Python programming and familiarity with core data science libraries
- Understanding different package managers and test frameworks
- Knowledge in python web frameworks like Flask, Django is a plus
- Object Oriented development experience, ideally with Java
- Exposure to Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices
- Exposure to test automation frameworks that support all types of testing (unit, component, integration, system etc.) executed through CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience working on AWS/Azure cloud environment and proven understanding of CI/CD & DevOps
- Familiarity with quantitative techniques and methods, statistics, econometrics including probability, linear regression, time series data analysis and optimizations is a plus
- Bachelor's degree (or above) in either Engineering or Computer Science related field
The Skills You Bring
- Deep knowledge of middleware Java stack, messaging technologies, containerization, web containers and test automation.
- Awareness of event-based systems, functional programming, emerging technologies and messaging frameworks such as Kafka and EMS.
- Demonstrate a test-driven approach to developing software and can build or contribute to automated testing frameworks that can detect any anomalies in functionality, performance and integration.
- Experiences in some of the following technologies continuous integration/delivery tools such as GIT, Cloudbees Jenkins, uDeploy and/or Pivotal Concourse.
- Lead Software engineers encouraging autonomy, mastery and purpose in their work.
- Experience building enterprise cloud enabled distributed systems.
- Know, understand and promote Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery engineering practices.
- Document design options and decisions, and present these in an organized manner to technical as well as non-technical audiences
- Strong contributor with a collaborative work style in building, crafting and reviewing code
The Value You Deliver
- Design & develop capabilities used by Investment Research Professionals
- Key member of the engineering team actively innovating and creatively experimenting so that we may better support business needs
- Bring curiosity and a questioning mind-set to work, asking always about the “why” and the “value” of an activity or task
Asset Management Technology (AMT) provides worldwide technology and support to all the Investment Management, Research, Trading, and Investment Operations functions. We are seeking a Principal, Software Engineer to join our Quantitative Research & Investing Technology organization. This role will be part of our Quantitative Engineering team, which is responsible for architecting, developing, and maintaining a new quant research oriented meta-data programming language.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients' money.
At Fidelity, you'll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples' lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award , we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don't need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity-we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you've always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we're calling " Dynamic Working ."
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at .
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to , or by calling , prompt 2, option 3.
- Agile Methodology
- Amazon Web Services
- Apache Kafka
- Asset Management
- Business Requirements
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: gdkq6ux
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.