At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees - their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to work and to life.
EXP is currently searching for a Senior Mechanical Engineer 3/Lead Engineer for our Maitland, FL location.
* Be able to lead, mentor and direct less experienced mechanical staff on all of their responsibilities.
* Perform at a "responsible charge" level in regard to meeting EXPs design and quality levels.
* Perform QA/QC review of specifications, reports, code application, RFI and submittal review, equipment selection, deliverables and drawings.
* QA/QC reviews of all calculations by designers, and provide guidance and mentoring.
* Determine content of drawings and specs for less experienced staff in order to meet the scope of work.
* Review code related items with Designers, and ensure compliance.
* Edit and develop basis of design narratives documenting project scope.
* Thorough understanding of psychrometrics.
* Understand and apply concepts of CHW, HW, WSHP, variable & constant flow systems.
* Advance equipment selection and analysis - chillers, boilers, air terminals, cooling towers, HEPA filters, DX equipment, and water source heat pumps.
* Write new specifications sections, develop new details, as required for project needs.
* Write studies and reports for systems on projects.
* Perform life-cycle cost analyses, and energy/cost calculation for HVAC systems.
* Apply and modify appropriate controls diagrams for the project
* Modify sequences of operation for air and water side equipment and systems.
* Meets with contractors during bid phase to review design details.
* Critically evaluate contractor pricing and cost estimates.
* Evaluate value engineering items with respect to EXP's level of risk.
* Apply risk management procedures daily to minimize EXP's and client's exposure to problems.
* Travel to project sites to review progress of work and successfully solve problems within time & budget
* Develop and monitor work plans.
* Manage work plans and deliverables on multiple projects within budgeted hours and guide Designers on management of task hours.
The Skills and Knowledge You Bring
* Candidate should have an engineering Bachelor's degree in the field of HVAC/Mechanical Engineering with 7-15 years of building HVAC and piping design experience.
* Experience in designing HVAC systems for Gaming, Hospitality, Entertainment, Healthcare or Commercial projects.
* Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) preferred.
* REVIT MEP Proficiency required.
- Autodesk Revit
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Cost Modelling
- Health Care