To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Worth, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Software Quality Engineer
Apex Systems • Fort Worth, TX
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Senior Software Quality Engineer
The Senior Software Quality Engineer will have deep knowledge in software testing methodologies, including the AGILE development framework and system development life cycle (SDLC). This knowledge and experience will be used to design, write, and maintain test plans, scenarios, and scripts for various specific program application development efforts.
**If you're interested, and qualified, in this position please contact Rachel Galvanin at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]**
Senior Software Quality Engineer Job Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a software testing position, including the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- MUST HAVE: Selenium/Cucumber
- MUST HAVE: experience testing in a JAVA environment
- Must hae Java Development experience
- Strong QA skills including JMeter , and Java is helpful.
- Knowledge of continuous integration and its setup using Jenkins or ANT would be a plus
- Other Tools: Rally, QC, TFS, SoapUI, Loadrunner
- Knowledge of FAR 117 and 121 is very helpful
- Assist in implementation of QA standards and continual improvement activities
- Knowledge of software testing tools, including HP Quality Center, QuickTest Pro, or LoadRunner
- Knowledge of open source testing tools, including Jenkins, ANT Icarus/Gallio
- Knowledge of computing languages, including JAVA, C#,
- Demonstrated knowledge of functional, nonfunctional, integration, and user acceptance test strategies, methods, and procedures
- Design implement test scenarios cases
- Create implement test plans and test scripts
- Design development of testing tools for test automation support
- Lead all technical testing efforts including integration testing performance testing
- Ensure quality of service levels of software products through performance test benchmarking
- Provide production support of software products by investigating and recreating reported defects
- Work with multiple database interfaces and be familiar with standard web architectures
- Train and mentor other analysts in testing methodology and the software development life cycle
- Contribute to the entire software development life cycle from initial business requirements to deployment production support
- Ability to work with all levels of management including senior executives
Senior Software Quality Engineer Education:
- BS in software engineering disciplines, computer science, or other related fields.
- Degree requirement may be waived for 10 years related experience
Senior Software Quality Engineer Other Essential Job Abilities:
- Ability to move throughout operational or business office environments in order to evaluate customer needs
- Ability to work overtime, as required, at base station or away
- Ability to prepare cogent written analysis
- Ability to verbally communicate in order to communicate issues and make
- Report to work on a regular and timely basis
- Must work well under deadlines and high volume stress at times
- Must be able to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Must work with minimum supervision
Senior Software Quality Engineer Job Summary (cont'd):
The engineer will also be responsible for performing functional testing, integration testing, nonfunctional testing, performance testing, client acceptance testing, and production support testing of these various applications using the plans, tools, and automated test scripts developed. The engineer’s technical skills may also be utilized to create automated test scripts, and may at times require them to construct test tools and scripts to be used by themselves and other test engineers.
After test phases, the engineer will create testing summary reports, clearly communicating to AA management and clients, all testing results. Finally, the engineer will participate in the prioritization of defects to be fixed using an understanding of the business requirements and the needs of the customer.
In addition, the successful applicant will perform successfully as both an individual contributor and a team player as part of the Horizon Program Management Office. They will consult with business customers at all levels to help determine planned process improvements and testing needs, and will recommend testing approaches to meet stated business objectives. They may also need to develop project plans and track progress against them and present analysis to project and senior management.
Apex Systems LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 866-612-2739.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.