To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richmond, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
PT Occupational Health Supervisor-UPS Freight
UPS Professional • Richmond, VA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Occupational Health Supervisor provides expertise and knowledge regarding medical, health & safety, and human resources regulatory agencies’ and UPS protocols and laws by providing and delivering cost-effective health and safety services to employees. He / she is responsible for developing injury and illness prevention strategies, providing occupational health expertise, managing vendors, performing case management, assisting the district case manager, and working with labor relations, health and safety, and security. The Occupational Health Supervisor works with health and safety, human resources, and various entities involved in occupational health (e.g., risk management, benefits, workforce planning, labor relations and legal representatives, physicians, nurses, employees, vendors, etc.).
- Stays current with state and federal laws and regulations (e.g., Department of Transportation [DOT], Department of Labor [DOL], and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission [EEOC], etc.) to identify any impact to UPS’s medical protocols and procedures.
- Establishes a primary medical care network for employees by identifying and recruiting qualified vendors (e.g., UPS designated physicians/clinics in delivery service locations) to provide quality care at negotiated rates.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of UPS’s Occupational Health programs (e.g., Employee Assistance Procedure, Respiratory Protection Program, etc.) to determine their effectiveness and identify any necessary improvements.
- Applies the case management process to workers’ compensation, disability, and other cases (e.g., Americans with Disabilities Act [ADA], D.O.T., etc.) by using UPS computer systems to monitor data quality and ensure accurate program management.
- Provides district case manager / supervisor and workers' compensation administrator with the list of preferred providers in each district location (e.g., physicians, clinics, rehabilitation providers) to provide employees with quality care.
- Provides advice regarding medical regulatory procedures and processes as they relate to the UPS Union Bargaining Agreement.
- Maintains accurate and appropriate records to meet UPS protocol and state and federal laws.
- Maintains licensure, certifications, and involvement in professional organizations to stay current on issues and provide resources for broad areas of health, wellness, illness, disease management, hazard control and injury/illness prevention issues.
- Tracks costs, utilization trends, and measures outcomes to evaluate vendor performance from a financial perspective.
- Promotes healthy behaviors and facilitates the integration of the HABITS (UPS’s health education program) philosophy into prevention strategies.
- Evaluates cases individually to ensure employees are receiving their financial and medical benefits.
- Advises case manager / supervisor in complex medical cases and provides recommendations to case manager / supervisor and / or workers' compensation administrator as needed to ensure quality care.
- Acts as a liaison and medical consultant to district Labor Relations Managers on medically- related grievances and collective bargaining agreement issues.
- Audits injury files to ensure accurate record keeping in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of the elements and characteristics of current benefits programs.
- Demonstrates a general understanding of the need for change; Understands where gaps exist between current and desired states; determines behaviors that align with or detract from change objectives.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of a business problem; recommends a solution to solve the business problem.
- Captures/documents specific and accurate information; learns subjects thoroughly and in detail; completes work with thoroughness; supplies appropriate details when requested; maintains organized files.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of injury and crash prevention techniques; demonstrates a basic understanding of job methods; identifies root causes of injuries and auto crashes; recognizes and reports unsafe working conditions.
- Applies established procedures for responding to incidents; determines and documents information pertinent to incidents; communicates resolutions or results to stakeholders.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of the functions, regulations, and procedures of compliance agencies or governing bodies; takes a leadership position in programs that reduce risk and enhance safety.
- Possesses ability to generate simple reports using basic functions in software, and/or writing basic queries; identifies information required to complete reports and identifies existing reports generated by others.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of risk management fundamentals.
- Demonstrates and explains proper processes, procedures and methods for small package operations; demonstrates a basic knowledge of common tools, equipment, and technology used within the operation.
- Certification - Preferred CERTIFIED OCCUP HEALTH NURSE
- Certification - Preferred CERTIFIED CASE MANAGER
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity