To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Nashville, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Messer Construction Co. • Nashville, TN
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Messer Construction Co. is an award-winning construction manager and general contractor that provides leadership for complex commercial building projects. An employee-owned company, Messer now stands as one of the nation’s leading health care and higher education builders. Messer’s footprint has grown to ten regional offices located across the Midwest and Southeast: Charlotte & Raleigh, North Carolina; Columbus, Cincinnati, & Dayton, Ohio; Louisville and Lexington, Kentucky; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Knoxville & Nashville, Tennessee. Messer employees live where they work, resulting in the company’s sustained commitment to building better communities.
Messer’s reputation for support, commitment, and career growth makes it an attractive place to advance and finish your career!
We are currently seeking a Project Manager with a passion for commercial construction to join our team in the Nashville regional office. The primary responsibility of this position is to manage and drive projects to successful completion through a safe work environment, quality construction, effective LEAN planning & scheduling, cost management, collaboration with project stakeholders, and superior customer service. The candidate must have a demonstrated familiarity with the construction industry and excel in our “point of attack” management approach. The ideal candidate will also possess a desire for growth, long-term thinking, and relationship building skills.
- Organize & support project team
- Manage owner, designer, subcontractor & vendor relationships
- Establish & monitor administrative procedures for the project
- Implement our Zero-Injury Safety program
- Deliver built-in quality using three phase quality control process
- Manage & drive project schedule
- Establish budget & control costs
- Provide schedule, financial, & other project reporting
- Administer subcontracts, purchase orders, etc.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- 5-10 years of commercial construction experience (including Healthcare, Higher Education, Science & Technology, Industrial, Aviation)
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. Civil Engineering/Construction Management or related field preferred.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, communication, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work non-traditional hours
- Possess all auditory, speaking and communicating capabilities
- Physical requirements: sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, climbing, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 25lbs., seeing and reading
Project Executive, Senior Project Executive, or Operations Vice President
All Messer employees are required to comply with our Substance Abuse Prevention Policy as a condition of employment. Messer may condition offers of employment upon taking and passing of a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen.
We provide an excellent and comprehensive compensation package with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth. If you would like to join our team of employee-owners and are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, please visit our website at http://www.messer.com/careers.
Messer is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Messer is committed to a diverse workforce.