To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrifield, VA 22119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Vendor Relationship Manager
Navy Federal Credit Union • Merrifield, VA
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
As an integral part of NFCU’s Information Services Division (ISD), the Vendor Relationship Manager builds and manages relationships with assigned vendors that provide technology products and services to the Credit Union. In this role, the Vendor Relationship Manager will collaborate with all levels within NFCU and assigned Vendors to ensure successful vendor engagement. This role involves maintaining a positive relationship with each vendor and utilizing the expertise of procurement partners to research, analyze and monitor vendors and their products. The Vendor Relationship Manager will be responsible for monitoring and measuring vendor performance to ensure IT vendors meet or exceed their service levels and other contractual commitments.
• Collaborate with NFCU internal and vendor partners to create superb relationships by aligning priorities, identifying shared success metrics, mitigating issues and adding value to NFCU through insights.
• Drive partner satisfaction by learning and understanding needs, providing responsive service to issues, integrating vendor partners into ISD processes and building relationships with key stakeholders.
• Ensure mutually agreed-upon service levels exist for all processes and services provided by ISD.
• Provide and maintain vendor portfolio dashboards, scorecards and reports; create and conduct vendor portfolio reviews.
• Review existing vendor management policies, processes, and procedures to update with industry best practices as necessary, and identify and provide input into continuous improvement opportunities
• Collaborate with NFCU Procurement in negotiating contracts to achieve desired financial terms and conditions, and ensure vendor provided services support business objectives.
• Ensure Service Level Agreements have relevant metrics, monitor performance and initiate improvement actions as needed.
• Conduct periodic performance review meetings with vendors, and establish a vendor improvement plan, as necessary.
• Provide regular feedback on vendor performance.
• Manage and facilitate the process for optimizing ISD vendor relationships to support the corporate business strategy.
• Monitors IT contractual agreements, vendor information, and the central contact list.
• Assists in drafting request for information (RFI) document to aide IT Group and business in obtaining knowledge on a specific solution and/or service.
• Assists with drafting Request for Proposal (RFP) by working together with NFCU Procurement and internal partners to capture the requirements of a buy initiative.
• Facilitates the resolution of escalated vendor-related issues by coordinating with the proponent and the vendor.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or appropriate.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Minimum five years of experience in IT vendor management, procurement, or managing an Information Technology function that relies heavily on IT vendors.
• Experience in creating and managing a formalized process of selecting, monitoring and evaluating vendors.
• Effective relationship building, communications, critical thinking, and negotiations
• Effective skill translating business goals and objectives into IT capabilities
• Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Advanced skill resolving conflicting requests and meeting changing requirements managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
• Effective skill making presentations to groups of various sizes
• Working knowledge of development or operations framework methodologies, including Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), etc
• Experience working with or in the financial services industry
• Working knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies and procedures
• Working knowledge of ITIL concepts and/or certification in ITIL
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Location: 820 Folin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
Bank Secrecy Section
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability