Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Project Manager is within the Optum Controllership, specifically the Accounting Operations & Analysis Team (AOA), and will be part of the PeopleSoft ERP (PSERP) business onboarding team and the billing team. This role will be responsible for planning, project execution and closing of business migrations into PSERP, onboarding new product offerings into PSERP and other projects related to the overall mission and vision of the AOA team.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Accountable for leading and driving success for PSERP migration, new product offering, and departmental improvement projects including:
- Partner with the internal clients and stakeholders at many levels to confirm project scope and identify specific tasks, duration and effort required for successful project execution
- Create and maintain project plan identifying project duration, effort, sequence, and dependencies of tasks required to meet project objectives
- Create and manages documentation of decisions, issues, and risk logs (IRAAD) including mitigation, avoidance, transfer, and/or acceptance of these items
- Monitor and document project milestones and outcomes throughout the project
- Develop and implement contingency and recovery plans when deliverables are missed (e.g., identify critical path, document, and plan for getting back on project schedule)
- Conduct status calls at an agreed upon cadence and create and distribute weekly status reports
- Create kick off deck following templates created by AOA PM team and lead kick off meetings
- Sets up all project meetings and manages agenda for each meeting. Takes notes and distributes to meeting attendees and project team.
- Creates communication and training plans for team to review
- Drafts written communications
- Escalates issues with project executive sponsors promptly
- Lead and coordinate projects that span multi-departmental and cross-functional areas ensuring inclusivity of all parties in project plan
- Collaborates with the AOA PM team to enhance and consistently improve our project management strategy and artifacts
- Presents project status updates at monthly department meetings
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience in planning and tracking projects, working with large data sets to make data-driven analytical decisions
- Experience with projects related to financial systems (billing and revenue applications, preferred)
- Experience acting as a liaison between business and technical teams
- Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, Word and PowerPoint
- PMP Certification
- Agile Experience
- Experience with Healthcare industry
- Experience in large scale ERP environment
- Experience working in a global organization
- Advanced communication skills, verbal and written
- Understanding of various pricing and revenue structures
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely to leadership
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple demands and competing deadlines
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.