Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a leading national bank empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. We believe in helping customers turn their ideas into outcomes. Whether those customers are building a business or building their savings, CIT has the experience and agility to empower them to achieve their goals. At CIT, how we do business is just as important as what we do. Our social responsibility programs focus on driving financial and personal empowerment, supporting the environment and advancing wellness. CIT contributes to communities where we live, work and do business through charitable donations, community investments and employee volunteerism.
The Associate Healthcare (HC) RE Underwriter will support the HC RE Underwriting team in analyzing and underwriting new and existing HC RE transactions. Candidates will provide support to the Senior Underwriter during all stages of a transaction including financial modeling, structuring, due diligence, credit approval, legal documentation and the closing/syndication process.
The position requires a candidate to have strong credit and analytical skills that can multi task and work in a high paced team environment. The candidate will interact with Originators, support Senior Underwriters and manage junior analysts.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in commercial real estate finance with primary focus on credit underwriting
- Commercial Real Estate Finance with Healthcare Real Estate experience preferred
- Prior exposure with underwriting Medical Office Buildings, Skilled Nursing Facilities and/or Assisted Living facilities a plus
- Formal Bank credit training a plus
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, written and communication skills
- BS Degree in Finance, Real Estate or Accounting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel; experience with Argus software a plus
Nursing Home Care