Apex Systems, the Nation’s 2nd largest IT Workforce Solutions organization, has an immediate and exciting opportunity for a Data Architect role for one the largest Financial firms in Columbus, Ohio. This opportunity is for a 3 month Contract-to-hire position.
Applicants must have 10+ years of Architecture and Data experience in an enterprise level environment. If you’d like to receive Job Alerts from Apex that match your specific criteria, visit itcareers.apexsystemsinc.com.
Company & Group Details of the Data Architect:
- The Data Architect will report to the Manager of Data Architecture and work closely with the Chief Data and Analytics Office.
- The individual will need to be able to design and implement, have a self-starter mentality while being able to be a team player, and a willingness to learn, utilize and implement new technologies.
- Will work with several teams to develop the enterprise Data Strategy, Architecture and Data Integration vision, and enable of future of the enterprises data and analytics.
- Work for one of the region’s Top Financial Firms.
The organization offers several perks including but not limited to: training opportunities, great benefits, an onsite café and Starbucks, heavily involved with the community and philanthropy.
Requirements for the Data Architect:
- Work with the several cross functioning teams to develop data solutions for the enterprise, and partner with the Chief Data and Architecture Office and Business partners.
- Design, develop and define the data enterprise solution based on future state vision, enterprise policies, standards and guidelines.
- Develop a strategic road map to evolve the enterprise application portfolio from current to future state.
- Assist in the management of technology risk and currency for existing data and analytics systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience in related field, or equivalent professional certificate.
- Financial Services experience is a plus.
Technologies for the Data Architect:
- 7+ years of experience in architecting and building data solutions, and 5+ years of experience in multiple enterprise information technology areas with experience in at least two disciplines (Cloud Architecture, Data Architecture, Information Architecture, BI, Big Data, Enterprise Architecture, Solutions Architecture, Integration Architecture, Service-Oriented Architecture, Systems Architecture, Modern Data Architecture, or Enterprise Application Architecture).
- Able to define, document, visualize, and explain Architectural concepts and design.
- Experience with Architecture frameworks such as: TOGAF, Zachman EAO, ITIL, PRINCE2, FEAF, and/or COBIT
- Experience with AWS, Azure, GCP, or a combination of the mentioned.
- Collaborative problem-solving and consensus-building skills with both business and technology partners.
- Experience with real-time ingestion, stream processing, machine learning, advanced analytics, self-service dashboards, unstructured data, NoSQL, data lakes, analytical sandboxes, cloud/hybrid, agile development, and DevOps.
- Strong communication (written, verbal, and listening) and analytic skills.
*Please note that as a contract employee of Apex Systems, you’d be eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay Periods; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts/Perks and our Referral Program.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178