LB&B Associates Inc. is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join a team of highly motivated professionals to provide Consolidated Facilities Management Services for the National Archives Building in College Park, MD.
This is a leadership position that requires a hands-on approach to exceeding customer needs. The Mechanical Engineer is integral to providing a world class working environment for employees working at the facility. This position requires the individual to perform a wide range of engineering duties, produce a work product that is characterized by a high degree of engineering skill, and demonstrate active involvement in the operations and maintenance of the facility. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the following facility engineering activities:
- Providing technical support in the efficient and safe operation and maintenance of all mechanical equipment;
- Analyzing equipment specifications, operating data, and system control procedures to make recommendations for the improved operation of the mechanical systems;
- Selecting equipment for the replacement or modifications of existing systems;
- Researching and proposing modifications to improve the operation of the facility;
- Ability to use AutoCAD to create new drawings or revise existing drawings;
- Writing or revising SOP’s for mechanical equipment and systems.
- Develop and implement solutions to mechanical and electrical problems.
- Manage multiple projects from conception to completion.
- Serve as the primary technical resource to central plant operating personnel.
- Serve as the primary technical liaison to our customer on facility engineering, and operation and maintenance issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of five (5) years demonstrated experience with increasing responsibilities in facilities engineering assignments.
- Minimum of five (5) years of on-site experience in the operation and maintenance of a facility similar in size and HVAC equipment as Archives I and Archives II.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employer is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected factor by country, regional or local law.Requirements
Please see job description.