Parts Authority was formed in 1997 by the merger of four companies, that date back to 1973, that had common ownership and had the vision of creating a better vehicle for the wholesale distribution of automotive and truck parts. Parts Authority has become one of the country’s largest distributors of automotive and truck parts.
The company is headquartered in Long Island, New York and operates distribution centers in New York, New Jersey, Washington D.C., Maryland, Georgia, Arizona, California and Ohio. Parts Authority has been expanding rapidly and now has over 180 locations in12 states with future expansions in the horizon. As a privately owned company Parts Authority does not answer to Wall Street, Parts Authority answers only to customers.
Each and every team member plays a vital role in our success. We are rapidly expanding and looking for candidates to join our family! So, if youare passionate about providing stellar customer service, look no further! Join our team of Auto Parts Counter Professionals and become a Parts Authority ambassador to our many customers!Responsibilities
The Auto Parts Counter Professional reports directly to Store Manager and will be responsible for inside sales activity within store.
To succeed as an Auto Parts Counter Professional, you must be able to build and maintain productive, long lasting relationships with existing customers and close sales to achieve goals.
- Build and maintain productive, long lasting relationships with existing customers
- "Get the Sale!" -close sales to achieve goals
- Work with customers in a professional, courteous manner
- Become familiar with customers and their needs
- Locate parts that are difficult to find and negotiate with vendors to ensure the best deal
- Accurately quote parts to customers
- Follow up with customers who have not ordered recently and ensure that customers have purchased quoted parts
- Track lost sales
- Promote company specials
- Assist another counterman when necessary
- Foster and qualify new sales opportunities with new and existing customers
- Fulfill customer orders from installers, fleets, municipalities and car dealerships to sell auto parts, tools, shop equipment and programs.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in counter sales in a highly competitive market; prior success selling wholesale auto parts particularly in aftermarket industry preferred,
- Exceptional phone skills: positive, enthusiastic and attentive tone to help the customer feel comfortable during the conversation, clear enunciation, exceptional listening skills\u2026.leave the Customer Satisfied.
- Existing customer base a plus
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Knowledgeable and Passionate about exceptional customer service and exceeding sales goals
- Ability to build and maintain lasting business relationships
- General automotive knowledge preferred
- Results focused, producer, closer, committed to growth
- Experience with POS system a plus
- Proficient in MS Office applications, specifically MS Word and Excel preferred
- Time management and organizational skills
- Multi-lingual: Spanish and/ or Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) a plus
- Ability to act and operate independently to accomplish objectives
- Position requires an individual with an outgoing and assertive personality to take initiative, be pro-active, be very positive, and have a "can-do / seize-the-day" type attitude, tenacity in pursuit of goals.
We will give preference and top pay to candidates with many years of directly relevant experience
Some of the benefits of being a part of our growing Parts Authority family:
- Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts- Healthcare and Dependent Care
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off- including vacation and sick time
- Excellent Advancement Opportunities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status.
Coordinating With Others
Hardworking And Dedicated