Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Associate Medical Director – Inpatient Services, Natchaug Hospital
Reporting to the Regional Medical Director, HHC Behavioral Health Network East Region, the Associate Medical Director of Psychiatric Services at Natchaug Hospital is responsible for providing effective and efficient daily leadership and clinical oversight for the inpatient units on the Natchaug Hospital campus including its 33 bed adult unit and 24 bed child and adolescent unit.
Additionally, the Associate Medical Director of Inpatient Services will be responsible for the following:
• Provide individual clinical and administrative supervision and monitor and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of services and treatment provided by the inpatient medical staff;
• Promote collaboration among disciplines through leadership at clinical team meetings, case conferences, etc.;
• Identify high acuity cases, disposition issues, and other clinical issues and address from a risk management perspective; participate in case conferences as needed;
• Provide direct clinical care to patients;
• Participate in policy formation in collaboration with other disciplines such as pharmacy and nursing, and assuring compliance with policies;
• Provides leadership of inpatient quality improvement and H3W initiatives, has accountability for unit performance dashboards and key performance indicators, including Joint Commission HBIPS and CMS Core Measures;
• Seeks ways to control costs while achieving overall quality, safety and service goals;
• Collaborate with other departments, agencies and physicians to develop, improve or standardize clinical work flows, i.e. HHC Behavioral Health Network, Emergency Departments, Admissions Department, Ambulatory programs, and specialty consultants;
• Other duties as assigned
Please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Psychiatrist - Associate Medical Director for even more information about Hartford HealthCare and living and working in our region.
We look forward to speaking about all that HHC can offer you!
Contact: Nicolette Burns
Physician Recruitment and Integration
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Psychiatrist - Associate Medical Director
- Board Certified (or Board Eligible psychiatrist if within 5 years of residency)
- State of CT, Department of Public Health medical license; DEA; CCSR
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment