Wärtsilä Energy Storage & Optimization (ES&O) is the leading global energy storage optimizer. Our mission is to deliver integrated energy solutions that build a resilient, intelligent, and flexible energy infrastructure - unlocking the way to an optimized renewable future. By integrating renewables, energy management technology, and storage with traditional energy resources, we reinvent clean energy production from the largest and most complex grids to the most remote and essential microgrids. We play a key role in Wärtsilä’s vision towards a 100% renewable energy future through flexibility, reliability, and integration for a more sustainable world for us all.
- Execute our vision for the next evolution our Digital Twin battery simulation platform.
- Develop and implement frameworks for scalable timeseries simulations.
- Work with our cloud services development team to deploy and monitor the Digital Twin platform in a cloud/bare-metal hybrid environment, helping to tune and debug performance
- Identify methods for improving performance within the context of the business logic and key performance indicators
- Write user facing documentation to clearly communicate the structure of the tool and how each feature can be leveraged.
- Support tasks outside of job description as needed
- The candidate must be able to embrace the fast and dynamic environment of a growth stage company, comfortable with adjusting quickly to changing priorities.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Applied Math, or similar
- Expert level in Python as a programming language (5+ years)
- Experience working in an agile development environment using common tools such as JIRA and Git
- Proficient in React (or similar UI libraries)
- Familiar with Docker and Kubernetes
- Track record of a career trajectory in and towards software engineering
- Can work independently and provide strong leadership
- Prior experience with production systems running advanced statistical algorithms and machine learning
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with OIDC
- Strong leadership record with active participation in renewable energy associations, forums, clubs, or groups
Why you and us
You will be a part of a global organization with local presence and work in an exciting and dynamic working environment with highly motivated and skilled co-workers. We offer interesting and challenging work tasks, as well as personal and professional development in a great team.
If you feel excited by being a part of this working environment and think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your job application.
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online: [ Link removed ]
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.
Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace, in communities, and in the nation as a whole. The spread of COVID when working in customer facilities and project sites can lead to costly site shutdowns, for which Wärtsilä could be deemed financially responsible. Many local government authorities require proof of vaccination to enter the state or country, and many of our customers require proof of vaccination to be on a project site. In line with legal regulations Wärtsilä has implemented a COVID-19 policy on vaccination and testing to reduce the risk of transmission on Wärtsilä premises. Wärtsilä strongly encourages all employees to be vaccinated to protect themselves and other employees.
- Agile Methodology
- Applied Mathematics
- Bare Metal
- Cloud Computing