To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY 10001
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
ITW Food Equipment Group • New York, NY
Posted 9 days ago
Other Great Industries
Parts Coordinator / Clerical Associate - New York, NY
Due to continued growth, Hobart Service is looking for an experienced Parts Coordinator to join their team at their New York, NY location.
This position is based in New York, New York under close direction of a District Manager. The selected candidate will allocate and distribute parts and materials for service repairs and customer orders, handle parts orders, perform other assigned Parts Department functions, including inventory control of parts and materials in stock and on order. There will be frequent contact with Branch employees and constant contact with customers and other outside personnel, requiring more than ordinary courtesy and tact to establish and maintain good customer relations. You will have occasional work with confidential data where the effect of any disclosure may have an impact on the business.
- Maintain inventory control system, including updating computer and assist with audits conducted by Company auditors. Requisition parts from Troy, including following up on purchase orders and correspondence involving back orders. Regularly update files.
- May be requested to assist in the training or cross train other individuals in the office.
- Receives parts from Troy including verifying with packing slips, matching parts invoices with purchase orders and packing slips. Process Return Apparatus Tags (RAT) involving warranty claims and verify Warranty and Maintenance automatic scale/wrapper credits.
- Assist with replenishment of truck inventories and handle parts transfers to other Hobart Branches. Follow up on all pending credits.
- Handle over-the-counter parts sales to walk-in customers and stocking and pulling parts and assist with various job functions involved in tracking consignment.
- Assist in preparing reports on order status, parts & material shortages. Keep abreast of new products and related parts required for various modifications and keep bulletins updated.
- Various dispatching duties and shipping and receiving of products.
- Process parts mail orders from customers. Handle telephone orders from customers for parts, including writing up orders, and quoting prices, or availability of parts, upon request.
- Write up credits for returned merchandise and handle telephone requests from technicians for parts.
- Cycle counts/inventories
To be considered for this exceptional career opportunity you must have at least the following:
- Accredited High School diploma, Business or trade school or GED
- 1-2 years Parts or clerical experience which includes any or all of the following: ordering, shipping, any receiving, parts sales and inventory control.
- Handle competing/multiple priorities
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office products excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Required to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Extensive periods of time on phone
- Lifting 50-75 lbs with or without assistance
- Climbing up to 8 ft with ladder
- Kneeling, squatting, bending, pushing/pulling
- Exposure to noise, heat, cold, slippery, wet conditions
- OT as required
Why work for us?
• Competitive pay
• Great insurance options with low premiums
• Paid vacation and holidays
• 401K with company match
• Safety-conscious work environment
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
In accordance with the New York Fair Chance Ordinance, Hobart Service considers all qualified applicants with a criminal history
Job ID: 2212
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.