To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reading, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Technical Service Representative
AkzoNobel Inc • Reading, PA
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
AkzoNobel Powder Coatings –has an outstanding opportunity for a Technical Service Representative. Primary responsibility is to provide technical support and training on the use and application of company products, services, and equipment. This role travels approximately 75% of the time, both local and overnight to Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, PA, NY, KY and Toronto. Company car provided
Provide technical service as directed by the Technical Service Manager in such cases as:
• Line Audits at major targets and customers
• Plant start-ups with Interpon Powder Coatings
• Cost Reduction Programs
• Inventory and up-keep of technical service equipment
• Accurate record keeping of all technical activities
• Major trouble shooting at assigned targets and customers
• Tasks assigned by the Technical Service Manager
• Promotes the quality system through adhering to the elements of and being familiar with the philosophy, quality statement, quality manual, and procedures.
• Attend and participate in Powder Plant Programs/Committees/Training as required, such as Department Safety, Plant Safety, Behavioural Safety, Housekeeping Audit Teams, ISO, Life Saving Rules or any other safety programs.
• Participate in the Powder Safety Journey. Adhere to the Golden Principle which is Simply to intervene to stop work if conditions or behaviour are unsafe.
• Promotes health, safety and environmental regulations by ensuring that standards, policies, and procedures are adhered to in compliance with corporate, federal, state, and local requirements.
• Performs other duties as required for the success of Akzo Nobel Coatings Inc.
- High School diploma, Bachelor degree preferred and/or equivalent technical experience
- Strong technical background in equipment and plant operations, preferably in powder and/or liquid coatings
- Six Sigma certification or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to travel upwards of 50% of time and work a flexible work schedule
- Solid communications skills; Writing, presentations, public speaking
- Strong project management skills and self-starter
- Ability to problem solve and come up with quick solutions, continuous improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills - communicate effectively with all customer levels (management, production, purchasing personnel, engineering, product users, and internally at all levels)
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)