To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Baltimore, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Octo Consulting Group • Baltimore, MD
Posted 9 days ago
Octo Consulting Group is seeking a Product Owner to join our growing team. As the Product Owner you will be responsible for implementing Product Management and Human Centered Design Best Practices for a large Federal program, including serving as a Player-Coach as Federal staff learn new roles and responsibilities. The Product Owner will provide hands-on facilitation of major program ceremonies, specifically Vision and Roadmap workshops to establish strategic direction and system demos to collect user feedback. The Product Owner will own the backlog and lead the development of key roll-out artifacts to support a smooth transition to the implementation of the system.
- Manage the product backlog
- Facilitate strategic workshops to maintain the program roadmap and key millstones
- Establish user feedback mechanism and metrics
- Establish standards for backlog items – Epics, Features, User Stories
- Translate customer needs and requirement into Epics, Features and User Stories
- Maintain requirements traceability and reporting for progress against the plan
- Lead Human Centered Design activities
- Work directly with the development teams to clarify requirements
- Provide Player-Coaching for Federal Staff in the role of the Product Manager/Product Owner
- Develop organizational change strategy and artifacts to support a smooth system roll-out
- 5+ years of experience as a Agile Coach, Product Owner, or Product Manager – Federal Agile Experience Preferred
- 10-15 years professional experience
- One or more Agile certification(s) – Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), Certified Agile Coach, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with several Agile frameworks (e.g., Kanban, Scrum, XP, Lean, DevOps, SAFe, etc.).
- Advanced competence in Agile management software tools (Atlassian Preferred).
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Expert experience managing a Product Backlog (e.g., prioritizing and negotiating, clarifying requirements, defining MVPs, developing roadmaps, soliciting customer feedback).
- Proven capability in identifying and tracking relevant user metrics.
- Experienced in defining requirements such as Agile Epics, Features, and User Stories with clear Acceptance Criteria.
- Competent in providing HCD leadership and support.
- Competent in Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN).
- Demonstrated ability to proactively research and learn new subjects required to successfully execute duties needed to support development team.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Technical understanding to connect technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Innovative thinking – ability to learn new tools and techniques and apply them to the program
- Bachelor’s degree (BS,BA) or equivalent experience, Advanced Degree Preferred
- Primary:Baltimore, MD