To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
149 Homanit Usa Road
Mount Gilead, NC 27306
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sanding / Helper (Unilin US MDF)
Mohawk (Manufacturing) • Mount Gilead, NC
Posted 18 days ago
We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Mohawk Industries is the world’s largest flooring company \u2013 and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are hugeResponsibilities
Please Note: This is a rotating Night shift position, 6 pm - 6 am
The Sanding Helper performs various job functions to support the operation on the Sanding Line. The duties range from cleaning the sanding line to off bearing material from the sanding line and packaging it for shipment.
- Identify material leaving the machinery and label it accordingly.
- Package the finished pallets of material for shipment or delivery to another work center.
- Read, understand, and follow packaging instructions for material being packaged.
- Assist in product changeovers, belt changes, and blade changes on the sanding line.
- Clean the saw and packaging areas.
- Assist the Sander Operator and other personnel in repairing, maintaining, and/or operating the sanding line as directed by the Sanding Team Leader.
- Assist other work centers with cleaning or packaging as directed by the Sanding Team Leader.
- Locate supplies needed to perform any of the above functions and notify the Sanding Team Leader of any shortages of materials.
- Communicate any problems or ideas that you have to the Sanding Team Leader.
- Observes safe work practices in compliance with the safety policy
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Sanding Team Leader.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently and up to 80 lbs occasionally.
Must be able to push or pull 50 lbs frequently and up to 80 lbs occasionally.
Must be able to make repetitive motions involving twisting and turning.
Must be able to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time on concrete.
Must be able to kneel and bend over frequently.
Must be able to climb on and work around machinery resulting in awkward or uncomfortable positions.
Must be able to use hand tools frequently.
Must be able to work in varying temperatures up to 110 degrees and dusty environment.
Must be able to climb vertical ladders, multiple flights of stairs and work off elevated surfaces.
Must not have any limitations in regards to working in confined spaces or wearing a respirator for extended periods of time.
Must be able to sit and drive forklift on uneven driving surface.
Must have vision of 20/50 with corrective lenses if needed.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/DisabledAbout Mohawk
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.