To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL 60646
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Accounts Payable Clerk
BORNQUIST INC • Chicago, IL
Posted 2 months ago
As a premier HVAC / Plumbing Manufacturers' Representative Firm, Bornquist Inc. has built dominant brand name recognition for every product that we represent in the Commercial, Industrial, HVAC and Plumbing markets in Northern Illinois. We offer competitive pay, benefits, and a friendly work environment for all employees. We focus on providing the necessary training for all employees to remain up-to-date on all our manufacturers and current technologies.
Many of our employees are heavily involved with local trade associations, such as the American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE), American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), American Society of Sanitary Engineering (ASSE), Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association (SMACNA) and Chicago Better Heating and Cooling Council (CBHCC).
We believe our employees and customers will recognize us as a leader in our industry and a valuable resource!
We invite you to apply to be a part of our winning team!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability / veteran.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Generous Profit Sharing and 401k Program, etc.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for performing accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Post and pay vendor invoices.
- Oversee rep commission payments to BI and payouts to other FHRA reps.
- Track and reconcile daily counter sales and credit card transactions.
- Manage petty cash.
- Maintain vendor records such as W-9’s, insurance certificates, etc., and updates vendor information in our enterprise software.
- Process customer certificate of insurance requests.
- Maintain tax exemption records for customers and jobs, and processes tax adjustments to invoices as required.
- Prepare “Ineligible A/R” and “Top 10 A/R Customers” analyses for monthly bank borrowing base certificate.
- Assist with monthly bank reconciliation, revolver loan tracking, additional A/P, sales cutoff, inventory in transit, vendor reconciliation, A/R waivers and lockbox deposit processing.
- Review employee expense reports for accuracy, post and pay.
- Create Crystal reports when requested.
- Act as back up for switchboard operator during lunches, vacations and absences.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills required:
- Proficiency utilizing Enterprise software (Prophet 21 by Epicor). Training can be provided.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and general internet functionality.
- Other skills required:
- Excellent customer service skills with a strong desire to go above and beyond to exceed customer expectations.
- The ability to accurately assess customer needs, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented by others, both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to express ideas and convey information clearly, simply and positively, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of basic Accounting principles such as debits and credits.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, or kneel.
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- Continually utilize visual acuity to read technical information and use a keyboard.
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision; distance vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus.