Materials Manager Job Title Materials Manager Job # US11443 Requisition Type Regular Function Manufacturing State/Province Texas City Denison Region US Posting Start Date Oct-30-2019 Division Information
Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Stanley®, FANAL®, Pfister™, EZSET®, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia. HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
Manages all aspects to direct and control materials management for the Denison facility. Manages activities of those engaged in the ordering of direct and indirect materials, movement of raw material and work-in-process, production scheduling and inventory control activities including excess and obsolete (E&O) material. Develops the monthly production estimates using JDA software in conjunction with the plant finance department. Leads, communicates and trains the Denison team to support the overall HHI supply chain strategy.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Education and Experience Profile
- (30%) Coordinates production, distribution, warehousing, and purchasing in accordance with established policies, principles, and procedures.
- (30%) Oversees the planning, coordination, controlling and direction of activities involving the scheduling and release of production orders, the requisitioning of product purchased parts and the maintaining of effective inventory control records and system procedures.
- (10%) Manage and control both Denison and Denison supplied inventory to customers. Make appropriate decision related to both inventory control and production efficiency.
- (10%) Leads strategy for all MRO and tooling purchasing to ensure budget is met and supplies are delivered per production schedule.
- (5%) Participates in the development of PSI and monthly production estimates.
- (5%) Controls, measures and regulates inventory levels of materials to improve our working capital.
- (5%) Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees.
- (5%) Confers with internal and external customers and representatives of associated support teams to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services in area.
- Bachelor’s degree in materials management or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in manufacturing materials management.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience required
- Experience with modern factory management techniques desired (Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Demand flow technologies, etc.)
- APICS CPIM certification preferred. Willingness and ability to earn certification required.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive arguments on controversial or complex topics to customers, peers and senior management.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, as well as apply math basic concepts (e.g., fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions) to practical situations.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Speak Up: Step up to address difficult issues; have the courage to say what needs to be said.
- Be Accountable: Hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Take Action: Take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Process Simplicity: Recognize the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Efficiency: Be resourceful with people, time and money when producing results.
- Customer-Driven: Build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment and non-climate controlled manufacturing facility.
Must be able to travel domestically 5% of time and internationally 5% of time.
Demand Flow Technology
Continuous Improvement Process