Iron Bow Technologies has an immediate need for a Tier 1 Help Desk Technician interested in a full-time benefited opportunity in Chantilly, VA. This position is 100% remote until further notice due to COVID.
This is full-time opportunity with a weekly schedule of Monday-Friday, 8am - 4:30pm EST (shift modified 2/16/22). The training schedule will be Monday-Friday, 9am-5:30pm until you are trained enough to start your permanent shift.
The selected candidate will join a Tier I support team serving as the single point of contact for ~3,000 end-users at the Department of Justice (DoJ). The Support Team handles approximately 4,000 tickets a month and is expected to open incidents, work orders, or service request records using the Remedy ticketing system for all calls, emails, voicemails, and web requests.
- Provide help-desk / technical support for local and off-site users
- Assist end-users by answering phone calls, web requests, and emails
- Manage and monitor problem tickets, analyze incidents and determine support required
- Apply diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate the cause, and recommend solutions
- Maintain database utilizing ticketing system of calls and messages requesting assistance
- Provide feedback on issues for team knowledge database
- Document IT requests in the tracking system, record actions, and follow up on deferred actions
- Keep customers informed of the progress and status of tickets throughout the resolution
- Collaborate with customers and co-workers to diagnose and resolve problems
- Troubleshoot, analyze, resolve, track, escalate and document technical issues
- Incidents will be resolved on the first contact when at all possible using supported remote desktop control application as appropriate
- Resolve customer issues in a pre-determined time frame or escalate for resolution
- Respond to and diagnose problems through discussions with users using problem recognition, research, isolation, and resolution steps
- Respond to users in a friendly and professional manner, ensuring all responses given are accurate, documented, and closed per SLA’s
- The hours for this position are Monday-Friday, 8am - 4:30pm (EST)
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
Candidate Experience Requirements
- 2+ years experience in a Help Desk / IT Support role is required
- Sound knowledge of computer hardware/software, mobile devices, operating systems, and networking related technologies is required
- Knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Exchange, Active Directory, and mobile devices (IOS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, phone etiquette, data entry
- Must be customer-focused and service-oriented, attentive to details, with the ability to multi-task and act with professionalism at all times
- Candidates who possess IT certifications such as Microsoft MD-100, CompTIA A+ and/or HDI (Customer Service Representative) are highly preferred (OR willing/able to obtain within 6 months of hire)
- AS Degree (or higher) in IT or related field to be considered, additional years of related experience may be considered in lieu of the degree
- Candidates must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- US Citizenship required
- This position and continued employment with Iron Bow Technologies is contingent upon providing documentation of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 or you must provide documentation to Iron Bow Human Resources supporting a bona fide request for Religious or a Medical Accommodation
Iron Bow Technologies is a leading IT solution provider dedicated to successfully transforming technology investments into business capabilities for government, commercial and healthcare clients. Our depth of technical expertise, global reach and strategic partnerships with industry leaders as well as disruptive technology partners uniquely positions Iron Bow to target the right solution to ensure your successful business outcome. We partner with our clients from planning and implementation through ongoing maintenance and management to deliver solutions that are strong, flexible and on target. Iron Bow Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
- Active Directory Group
- Attention To Detail
- Computer Architectures
- Customer Service
- Data Entry