The Free Lance-Star is seeking a highly motivated District Manager in the Fredericksburg area and surrounding counties in our Circulation Department. This is a full-time position that isn't on your typical 9 to 5 routine. District managers oversee newspaper delivery, recruit and train independent contractors, ensure timely and consistent delivery of The Free Lance-Star and other contracted products. Providing resolutions to subscriber complaints, increasing circulation within the assigned geographic area, and providing exceptional customer service are other essential duties. The District Manager is also responsible for distributing products to subscribers when necessary.
This position is the direct link between the customers and Independent Contractors. This person must be able to work flexible hours and be on call 24/7, as the situation demands. Their success will be rewarded with our excellent bonus potential! We offer an exciting work environment along with a competitive salary and benefits package!
Hours are 2 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Must be available to work weekends and holidays
Must have a good driving record
Basic computer skills required.
* Must demonstrate leadership qualities.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
* Proficiency in MyDistrict preferred, but not required.
* Strong problem solving skills, adequate organizational skills, sound judgement, good oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, and accuracy.
* Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, contracting, and training independent contractors.
* Responsible for ensuring on-time delivery of all routes in their district as determined by management.
* Monitors service complaints and maintains good customer relations and follows up with any unresolved complaints in a timely manner.
* Delivers down routes.
* Responsible for communicating effectively with colleagues and management and responding to emails in a timely manner.
* Provides Supervisor with weekly report of activities and results.
* Collects from Single Copy locations each week.
* Monitors district to update address database, directions, and the like in MyDistrict.
* Understands and enforces contract agreement in regards to service issues as needed and due to breach of contract.
* Verify transactions turned in by the carrier force such as stops, vacations, sample requests, etc.
* Handles independent contractor issues promptly and works directly with supervisor to resolve any major independent contractor problems.
* Motivates independent contractors.
* Ensures contracts are completed prior to expiration date.
* Works as a team and with other District Managers
* Assist Supervisor in evaluating routes to adjust rates and makes rate change recommendations to Supervisor. Participates in all rate negotiations requested in writing by carriers.
* From time to time as work load and service performance allows, there is a rotating weekend schedule in place. However, DM's are still expected to be available to carriers, take carrier calls as necessary and will be notified if any route has logged more than 3 complaints and must respond promptly to ensure customer service is handled as quickly as possible.
* Participates in sales efforts and retention efforts to maximize subscriber base in area of responsibility.
Plus other duties as assigned by management
Employment is contingent on successful completion of criminal background check, credit check, and drug screening.
* Job Family Circulation
* Pay Type Salary
* Fredericksburg, VA 22401, USA
- Attention To Detail
- Contract Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Service