Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Financial Management Advisory and Assurance service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. Our public sector team members find solutions that help government leaders with issues including acquisitions, financial management, human capital, information technology and performance management in federal, state, local and international governments.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.Please Note: This role is located in Tampa, FL
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Supervise the day to day execution of one or more engagements.
- Review client deliverables and audit workpapers.
- Work with partners and managers to determine proper accounting treatment of various issues that arise during an audit.
- Communicate on a daily basis with client management and process owners.
- Develop audit workpapers and client deliverables.
- Review and evaluate risk, document and assess key controls, document and assess process flows and identify significant accounting issues.
- Communicate potential audit and accounting issues.
- Understand GAAP in relation to Federal entities and be able to read and understand federal financial statements.
- Identify and communicate accounting and auditing matters to senior associates, managers and partners.
- Assist in the develop of proposals and thought leadership documentation
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
- Participate in recruiting efforts as needed.
- Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization).
- Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Fully adjudicated DoD Clearance at the SECRET level or higher.
- Federal Financial Statement Audit experience is required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or completed required Accounting coursework for CPA exam eligibility.
- CPA preferred.
- Two to four+ years of progressive experience performing financial statement audits / examinations / reviews.
- Strong technical accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP and Federal Accounting standards.
- Ability to travel across US and potentially global locations.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.