You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Physician Medical Director, Delta Travel & Training Team
$40,000 Sign on Bonus or $80,000 Student Loan Repayment
Landmark Delta Training Team
Do you want to make a difference in healthcare?
Landmark Health was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Because many of our patients are frail and elderly, we deliver care primarily in the comfort of their home. Our Program is also offered to eligible patients at no incremental financial cost to them. We are not a fee-for-service practice; we benefit economically only if we deliver high-quality patient outcomes and satisfaction. As a result, our clinical teams can spend quality-time caring for a smaller number of patients, giving all patients the space, respect, compassion and care they deserve.
At Landmark, our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Nurse Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health, and other employed team members.
Join Landmark to be part of a growing company full of purpose-driven, action-oriented, and compassionate team members working to dramatically transform healthcare for our communities.
The Delta team serves a critical role from team member onboarding, market implementation and ongoing education. The DELTA Physician serves as a “leader-coach-player” for new Landmark provider teams as well as supporting mature markets. This position reports to the Medical Director of the Delta Team. The DELTA physician will work closely with the other members of the Implementation team and local market leadership teams. This is a travel position, requiring up to 100% travel.
He or she will be an integral member of the implementation team as well as providing many services to mature markets. Daily activities can vary week by week based on company needs. There is no standard allotment of time for administrative or leadership activities. These activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Interim Market Medical Director (MMD) for markets until a permanent one is hired and trained in new implementation markets or stand-ins for existing markets as needed
- Interim Associate Medical Director (AMD) or Physician Pod Leader in implementation or mature markets until vacancy filled
- Oversight of DELTA providers and other Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) as assigned
- Onboarding of providers
- Assisting with market engagement
- Support interdisciplinary care team (IDT) operations and weekly IDT meetings
- Chart reviews to assess quality of care
- In office and field shadowing/ride-alongs
- Skills I and II Training
- On-call Coverage
- Primary call coverage to support market operations
- Support Landmark’s 24/7 call center for coverage when needed
- Facilitating medical direction for in-home nursing or paramedic visits as needed
- HCC education/safety net
- Participate in the interview process for clinical and potentially operational staff
- Meet and greet participation
- Client presentations
- Emotional support to and relationship development / mentoring of new providers
- Standardization and Best Practices
- May assist with the on-boarding process for new providers
- May conduct provider training, including classroom training, EMR mentorship and ride-alongs
- Completes provider competency checks as appropriate
- Serves as a peer mentor and resource for new providers, helping them learn and master the “Landmark Way” of practicing
- Keeps current on relevant medical and nursing research, technology, and related issues by attending continuing education courses, professional meetings and journal reviews
- Acts as an ambassador and role model for the Landmark culture, helping to build strong, mission-driven, high-performance teams in fitting with the Landmark mission, vision and values
Implementing Best Practices
- Establishes and maintains comprehensive understanding of Landmark clinical and operational best practices
- Reinforces best practices with all team members through example, training and mentorship
- Patient Care
- Become licensed and credentialed in multiple states as requested, including assisting the Landmark credentialing team with timely and responsive processing of all required licensing / credentialing paperwork; Responds to licensure action items in a timely fashion
- Practices in accordance with the respective state laws and regulations
- Adheres to guidelines set in Collaborative Practice Agreements with APPs
- Performs an initial comprehensive assessment on all newly enrolled members
- Completes follow-up and post-hospital assessments according to documented standard operating procedure
- Prescribes appropriate diagnostics and interventions to avoid unnecessary transfers/acute admissions
- May participate in team meetings that include, but may not be limited to:
- Weekly IDT meetings
- Monthly staff meetings
- Continuing education/journal club programs
- All Hands Calls
- Implements HEDIS measure campaigns and other quality initiatives as directed by Corporate Health Services to ensure the highest standards of care and to promote the improvement of care management and delivery
- May require some participation in clinical on-call program
- Perform related duties as necessary and other duties as assigne
Distribution of different role responsibilities will vary based on company needs and priorities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Leadership – High energy, collaborative, positive impact leader with excellent interpersonal and communication skill sets
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others; keeps emotions under control and overcomes resistance when necessary; remains open to new ideas. Able to provide constructive feedback and adapt to different learning styles
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and seeks clarification; responds openly to questions. Must be able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed; generates suggestions for improving work and workflow
- Completion of Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy accredited program
- Board certification in one of the following: Family, Emergency, or Internal Medicine, or IM sub specialties: Palliative, Hospitalist, Geriatrics and others
- Available for frequent and extended travel
- Able to lift 40lb equipment bag
- Knowledge of long-term care, community resources and cost-effective alternatives regarding patient care delivery systems
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-10 and HCPC codes
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements.
- UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Value based care experience
- Geriatric patient and palliative care experience
- Leadership experience
- Minimum of five (5) years clinical experience
- Awareness about UM standards, NCQA requirements, CMS guidelines, Milliman guidelines, and Medicaid/Medicare contracts and benefit systems
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Windows, MS Office Word Processing software, Power Point, project management tools and virtual presentation platforms
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Unrestricted license to practice with no restrictions for multi-state licensure
- Current state MD or DO license
- Access to reliable transportation required; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety policy
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The salary range for California residents is $248,582.00 to $338,965.00. Salary Range is defined as total cash compensation at target. The actual range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Behavioral Medicine
- Call Centers
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Cladding (Construction)
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2126053
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.