American Integrity Insurance, the premier writer of Florida homeowners insurance, has more than 290,000 customers and is exclusively represented by more than 1000 independent agents who specialize in this complex and ever-evolving market. We offer sound and comprehensive home, condo, rental property and manufactured home insurance to families throughout the Sunshine State. Comprised of nearly over 240 insurance professionals, most of whom work in our Tampa-area headquarters, we have been recognized as a Top Place to Work in Tampa by the Tampa Bay Times and a Best Places to Work in Insurance by Business Insurance magazine for the past eight years.
A Day In The Life
Who Says Insurance Can’t Be Fun? From company picnics to charity events, no one can ever say American Integrity Insurance doesn’t understand the importance of having fun, helping others and giving back. Our company culture is priceless, and we hold true to our six core values: integrity, commitment, teamwork, humility, passion and fun. As a team working to provide home insurance solutions to our policyholders, together we aim to achieve greater heights each day and celebrate each other's accomplishments along the way. It is our mission to continue providing reliable, customer-centric homeowners insurance to Florida residents and paying claims in a timely manner when our customers suffer a loss – and to do so with Integrity.
Learn more about American Integrity Insurance and our job opportunities at www.aiiflorida.com
Senior Java Developer
The Senior Java Developer will be responsible for configuring and customizing our policy, billing, and claims administration software, as well as other programming tasks outside the system such as integration using external API’s. Working with IT Business Analysts and other team members, the Senior Java Developer will elicit, analyze, validate, verify and manage the needs of stakeholders throughout the organization, focused on providing customized solutions within the system. The Senior Java Developer will analyze and translate business requirements to efficient code design, while leveraging the existing code set and minimizes customizations in the system that would make it harder for upgrades at a later time.
What You’ll Do
- Designs, develops, and tests new and/or modifies existing web based applications, notably the Java-based Guidewire’s InsuranceNorR® policy, billing and claims administration system.
- Designs, document and promote software patterns following Object Oriented Design best practices and techniques.
- Understand integration objectives by analyzing user requirements and determine best way to use API’s from vendors such as ISO, Xactimate and credit card processors.
- Analyzes technical and business requirements, including functional and non-functional requirements, to develop a systems solution.
- Works closely with business partners to understand business requirements to design quality technical solutions that align with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards.
- Via formal and informal training and study/practice, becomes expert in the ISCS/Guidewire system. Works with vendor-based developers, architects, etc. as needed, to build appropriate changes to the proprietary system.
- Conducts various proof of concepts on new technologies and works to develop recommendations that align with the IT needs and strategy.
- In conjunction with the Production Support Team, provides system software support.
- Maintains a current understanding of technology and how it can enhance and offer a range of solutions for business partners.
- Resolves problems that result in a decreased time to market; improves quality, enhances flexibility, and embraces the solution provider mindset.
- Mentors less senior developers and helps improve their technical and IT knowledge. Contributes to IT processes and issues to help improve work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need To Be a Top Candidate
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/MIS or related field.
Minimum of Seven (7) Years’ experience with Java programming. Insurance or P&C experience preferred.
Skills / Knowledge
- Java, Eclipse, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Tomcat, Windows, CVS, Jenkins SQL. Previous database experience (Oracle, SQLServer, or MySQL) preferred
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Understanding of integration services using SOAP and JSON protocols.
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems.
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adhere to all organizational policies and procedures.
- Understand the business drivers and how best to meet them.
- Organize multiple priorities and demonstrate initiative in starting and completing tasks.
Normal business office environment. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for periods of time while constantly operating a computer and or other office productivity machinery such as a telephone. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery or communicate with coworkers.
Minimum, as required.
The above statements cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of job duties.
American Integrity Insurance Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Agile Methodology
- Apache Tomcat
- Business Requirements