Sinclair is seeking a Director, Human Resources for its Regional Sports Networks (“RSN”) division. This role will provide HR leadership, guidance and support to the RSN division across 9 regional sports networks. The location for this position will be from one of our RSN properties. This position reports to the Vice President, Human Resources.
Speed, great communication and attention to detail are must-have attributes for this position. Knowledge of and enthusiasm for sports is a plus. Duties and responsibilities will be based on providing support to multiple operations in all functional areas of HR, including but not limited to the following:
- Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of our people, our work and our culture
- Managing HR operations within a division
- Managing a team of four Human Resources roles, including but not limited to a Regional HR Manager, HR Generalist, Recruiter and HR Coordinator (or like titles). Work closely across Corporate and division HR team to ensure effective coordination and timely service delivery of all HR related services
- Coaching and advising management on issues such as employee performance and development, addressing employee concerns, and disciplinary actions
- Collaborating with Senior Leaders/General Managers to understand the needs of the business, identify gaps, and leverage insights to develop effective business strategies.
- Investigating complaints related to allegations of harassment, discrimination, and general workplace concerns
- Cultivating and promoting diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state and local employment regulations, including FMLA, FLSA, ADAA, EEO and California Laws
- Maintaining working knowledge and understanding of multiple HR related systems, including Oracle Cloud HRIS
- Serving as a subject matter expert on matters relating to labor relations, performance management, employee relations, and compliance
- Providing oversight to administration of leave, onboarding and offboarding processes, workers compensation, recruiting
- Interpretation and application of policies and procedures
- Building HR initiatives and deploying projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Industrial Relations or associated field.
- 10 years of experience in Human Resources, at least 3 of which in an HR supervisory capacity. The HR experience should be as an HR Manager, HR Generalist and / or Employee Relations Specialist. Labor relations experience preferred. Ideal Human Resources experience would be within a large matrixed organization or for multi-site operations (which include California). Preferable industries include sports cable/broadcasting, live television production or other media businesses.
- Ability to travel; some overnight travel will be required.
- Must demonstrate a high level of detail orientation and ability to organize and prioritize while successfully managing time constraints.
- Experience in conducting training sessions on topics such as effective documentation, performance improvement, effective communication and other Human Resources related topics.
- Experience handling multiple tasks simultaneously with the ability to make decisions independently.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal; must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully at all levels.
- Exceptional collaboration skills and the ability to maintain strong relationships with HR team and all levels of staff.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems as well as a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (e.g. MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Labor Relations
- Industrial Relations
- Family And Medical Leave Act Of 1993
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Performance Management