To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hampton, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounts Payable Supervisor
Hampton University • Hampton, VA
Posted 13 days ago
The Hampton University Business Office is seeking a Supervisor for the Accounts Payable department whowill rely on their extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The successful candidate will perform a variety of tasks, will lead and direct the Accounts Payable staff, and will process a wide degree of creativity and latitude.Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Accounts Payable department, to include customer vendor relations to ensure timely and accurate payment of approved invoices
- Supervise Accounts Payable staff of five staff accountants which handles all check disbursements and 1099 processing
- Manage accounting functions of accounts payable and will train and evaluate employees
- Provide accounting assistance to management and operations staff by responding to questions/ concerns to meet business needs
- Close and reconcile accounts payable and general ledger in a timely manner at end of month
- Ensure appropriate internal controls to safeguard assets
- Assist in cash flow forecasting and other duties as assigned by the Comptroller or immediate supervisor
Qualified candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field required. Three to four years of experience in Accounts Payable supervision. Must possess a basic understanding of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) along with strong computer experience and excellent oral and written communication skills for interacting with vendors, internal and external employees, as well as support personnel and management. Candidate must also exhibit strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills and must be able to work independently, as well as in a team environment. Supervisory/ leadership experience is required.How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a completed Application for Educational Support Staff Employment either in person, via email at HROffice@hamptonu.edu, or fax to (757) 727-5969:
Office of Human Resources
Hampton, VA 23668
**No phone calls
**Incomplete applications will not be considered