P1 Construction, LLC., is seeking a Mechanical Construction Entry Project Manager for the Lawrence, Kansas office.
Join our P1 Team!
P1 Construction, LLC., has grown into a national construction and solutions provider. P1 is a specialty subcontractor providing HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, building technologies, controls, millwright, and architectural metal work across the U.S. But there’s so much more to P1’s broad spectrum single-source capabilities, including value-added services like virtual design and construction and multi-trade fabrication. When you work for P1 Construction, you'll be part of a culture that puts safety first, treats associates like family, and provides challenging work in a rewarding, energetic environment. P1 Construction takes pride in maintaining a high standard of excellence along with an ethical and friendly business culture.
P1 Construction, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
This position is geared toward recent college graduates who are available to work full time. Training is provided.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- As directed by the Project Manager, develops schedules, budgets, progress reviews, billings, bids, change orders, submittal lists and reports.
- Visits job sites to monitor progress, coordinates with the project foreman, audits site safety, and reviews productivity.
- Meets with the project foreman to review short-interval plans, requests for information, change orders, purchase orders, and labor reports.
- Supports the foreman and project manager, as appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains a collaborative working relationship with the project manager and foreman by providing timely, accurate, and complete information and by answering questions and requests.
Position Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in a Construction or Mechanical Engineering related discipline.
- A High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be interested in pursuing a career in the mechanical construction industry.
- Related work experience is not required. However, applicants with related work experience such as internships are preferred.
- Must be available to work full-time.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of computer software, including spreadsheets, Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a motor vehicle record check. Must be able to meet P1 Group qualifications to operate a vehicle on company business. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Must have access to drive a well maintained vehicle. Must have up to date registration with the local Department of Motor Vehicles. Both the candidate and the vehicle must be currently covered on a personal insurance policy.
- Automobile Roadworthiness Inspection
- Construction Engineering
- Financial Management