To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chantilly, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Analyst II, SOC
Pentagon Federal Credit Union • Chantilly, VA
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Analyst II, SOC
PenFed is hiring an Analyst II, SOC in Chantilly, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to perform complex analysis and incident response for the PenFed Computer Incident Response Team. This position will assist in modifying or establishing procedures to protect PenFed data in internal and external systems used by the credit union. This position will be responsible for teaching and mentoring other analysts on a daily basis. The SOC Analyst II will act as a tactical leader, lead incident responder, and as a subject matter expert for IT Security tools, tactics and processes.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Conduct daily incident response activities, including possible incidents during weekends and evenings.
- Supervise other CIRT analysts in day to day duties, and provide leadership by example and initiative.
- Tune and create signatures in Security Tools, SIEM.
- Serve as a technical escalation point for complex security problems.
- Perform a variety of Security Operations Functions such as alert triage and end user communications as needed.
- Maintain and create metrics for CIRT functions.
- Monitor and check work products to verify consistency and policy compliance.
- Create reports from various IT Security systems for the purpose of monitoring critical activities and providing security metrics to IT Security management.
- Participate in security analysis and review as part of the Life Cycle management of IT projects, and in particular, security risk analysis.
- Participate in assessment of compliance with security regulations such as PCI, GLBA, and FFIEC. Coordinate external assessment teams to complete audit and security assessments.
- Respond to requests for information in support of internal and external audits and examinations.
- Evaluate industry best practices relative to PenFed security requirements.
- Recommend software tools and/or other solutions for technical challenges involving IT Security processes.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ of experience in Incident response and/or security operations role
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in leading an Incident Response Team
- Required Skills:
- Strong analytical, documentation, and communication skills
- Broad knowledge of security concepts, especially attack mechanisms.
- Experience with SIEM tools such as ArcSight and/or Splunk is preferred.
- Experience with Cyber Threat and Intelligence gathering and analysis
- Understanding of Windows event log analysis
- Understanding of host forensics tools, techniques and analysis
- Understanding of IDS & IPS technologies, both signature and behavior based
- IDS monitoring and Signature writing experience.
- Understanding of malware reverse engineering tools, techniques and analysis
This position will mentor and supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- Must have at least one certification in the field of information security from a respectable security organization. Desirable certifications include, but not limited to:
- SEC+, GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, GCFE, GREM, GCFA, CEH or equivalent Certifications
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Limited travel to various worksites is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-495-7921.