To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX 77067
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
XPO Logistics, Inc. • Houston, TX
Posted 1 month ago
Logistics done differently.
XPO Logistics, a leader in the transportation and logistics industry, is looking for a talented individual who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. As the Assistant Manager, you will coordinate with site leadership to provide support for all home delivery services and assist in handling day-to-day operations. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Assist with managing the daily operations of contract carriers, including maintaining contractor schedules, monitoring reports and maintaining positive working relationships with contract carriers and helpers
- Use route planning software to build efficient delivery routes
- Manage the dispatch of contract carriers and resolve issues throughout the day
- Partner with the Operations Manager to identify problem areas, including restructuring routes to improve operational efficiencies
- Train and develop contract carriers, dispatchers and warehouse personnel to meet and exceed customer expectations
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Associate degree in a business-related field or equivalent work experience
- 1 year of logistics or transportation experience
- 1 year of experience in inventory control and merchandise reconciliation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- 2 years of experience in inventory control and merchandise reconciliation
- 3 years of logistics or transportation experience
- Strong analytical, communication and time management skills
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.