The Quality Inspector I is responsible for performing tests on products at various stages of production to ensure that customer specifications are being met and company quality standards are followed. The Quality Inspector must uphold the safety policies our company has created and oversee the product development process.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Performs first piece, in process, and final inspections. Has the authority to stop production if parts do not pass.
- Reads and understands print drawings and specifications for correct test requirements, procedures, and sampling plans.
- Verifies calibration on all equipment within the lab and from the factory floor is up to date prior to use.
- Receives and documents sample parts into the Quality Lab tracking system.
- Reviews lab test results to ensure all operations have been properly performed and recorded.
- Issues and tracks production gages to the manufacturing floor.
- Sort parts in the lab if required.
- Communicates with vendors via email or phone for required documentation.
- Assists Quality Engineer and Manager as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to use a micrometer, caliper and other precision lab gages.
- Experience with capability studies.
- Has a sense of urgency and is proactive.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous quality inspection with a good understanding of manufacturing practices.
- Previous experience with ISO preferred.
- Microsoft Office
- Product Design
- Quality Management