About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
Aramark Sports & Entertainment:
The Sports and Entertainment division within Aramark Corporation serves more than 200 premier stadiums, arenas, convention centers and concert venues. Since 1975 we've created culinary memories throughout the United States. The secret to our success is that we start with great food and a well managed facility. We understand that ensuring a memorable experience for our customers goes far beyond the food we serve.
We are currently seeking a Assistant Controller for the Aramark operations at
The Assistant Controller reports to the Controller having responsibilities over the following areas:
- Financial reporting
- Billing, accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Cash receipts and bank account reconciliation
- Coordination of the general accounting function
- Journal entry posting
- Financial report generation on a monthly and annual basis
- Control of subsidiary ledgers
- Payment processing
- Support other regional accounts on an as needed basis
- Financial analysis
Ideal candidates will posses the following:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in accounting or finance.
- A strong knowledge of GAAP accounting and reporting is required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to read and analyze a balance sheet and income statement.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a General Ledger accounting position or equivalent experience within a Stadiums, Arena or Convention Center environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends) when needed.
- Some travel required.
Cost Accounting Procedures
Annual Financial Report